First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
  • Banned
So I was going through my data logs when I noticed I hit 26psi for a brief moment on 21psi ktuner map and not just once but multiple times this has been happening according to the datalogs like wtf I'll blow that shit up if it kept doing that right? Also I already talk to one of my mechanic friend and he said it could be the electronic wastegate actuator ....has anyone experience this ? Or can anyone tell what's causing the overshooting?
Oh by the way it happens mostly when I'm wot from a dead stop, it does happen when I floor from around 50km but not as often on like it does ondead stop
Thanks
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be prepared to buy a new motor if it blows. I'd change tunes ASAP before it happens.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Please clarify which area you are seeing 26psi (MAP or TCP)?
Did you change your EWG to an after market?
It would appear that perhaps your EWG isn't able to keep up with the boost target and is spiking. Even with the Civic(s), you shouldn't be spiking any more than maybe 1psi at any given time.

Also:
For your Location, don't list "USA" if you are talking about KM - you should know Americans do not use KM, we use MPH.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it just a split second overshoot right when you let off the throttle? I spiked to 26.2 psi on the TSP 1 once. Of course that's more like a 23-24 psi tune, not 21.

Btw, .zip your datalog here and I'll take a look.

Last edited:

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Isn't it just a split second overshoot right when you let off the throttle? I spiked to 26.2 psi on the TSP 1 once. Of course that's more like a 23-24 psi tune, not 21.

Yep. I had this same question. Derek told me that during simulated “shifts” it will overshoot occasionally.

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Probably more so when the Ramp Rate is set to its most Aggressive.

OP
OP

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
  • Banned
It would appear that perhaps your EWG isn't able to keep up with the boost target and is spiking. Even with the Civic(s), you shouldn't be spiking any more than maybe 1psi at any given time.

Also:
For your Location, don't list "USA" if you are talking about KM - you should know Americans do not use KM, we use MPH.
Hey your right according to ktuner my electronic wastegate is the problem, do u know how I fix that?

OP
OP

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
  • Banned

Yes it's a split second but when it hit the 26psi it's not correcting it to 21psi or the psi I should be making its correcting it way below 21psi or whatever psi it should have been able to make....for example If I flash 21psi and it spike to 24psi the ewg is lowering the psi to around 17psi and not 21psi I will upload a data log as soon the weather get better

OP
OP

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
  • Banned
Probably more so when the Ramp Rate is set to its most Aggressive.
Yes I have everything set to aggressive but it still shouldn't be doing that

OP
OP

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag

Also:
Map

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it's a split second but when it hit the 26psi it's not correcting it to 21psi or the psi I should be making its correcting it way below 21psi or whatever psi it should have been able to make....for example If I flash 21psi and it spike to 24psi the ewg is lowering the psi to around 17psi and not 21psi I will upload a data log as soon the weather get better
Your spike is only for a brief moment .2-.3s tops. You are requesting increased spool & ramp right? So, how do you achieve that - well, by getting that sucker to spin by increasing exhaust gases.
Now, you are seeing 17psi or so, but I assure you that your compressor is targeting 21psi - what you are not seeing is the pressure loss from Atmospheric to Compressor to Flow into Manifold. There is a principle: Bernoulli’s Principle (look it up).

Monitor your STFT & LTFT and Knock Control - those will offer you a better indication of what’s happening under the hood.

Doesn’t appear that you are “Surging”, so I would assume you’re A-Ok.

OP
OP

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Your spike is only for a brief moment .2-.3s tops. You are requesting increased spool & ramp right? So, how do you achieve that - well, by getting that sucker to spin by increasing exhaust gases.
Now, you are seeing 17psi or so, but I assure you that your compressor is targeting 21psi - what you are not seeing is the pressure loss from Atmospheric to Compressor to Flow into Manifold. There is a principle: Bernoulli’s Principle (look it up).

Monitor your STFT & LTFT and Knock Control - those will offer you a better indication of what’s happening under the hood.

Doesn’t appear that you are “Surging”, so I would assume you’re A-Ok.
I'll send you a data log
Sponsored