With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Hey guys, so I have an ETL CVT Oil Cooler and plan on installing it tomorrow and just had a couple questions in mind. When I contacted PRL Motorsports they said that I can add up to 2 to 3 extra quarts of CVT fluid for the aftermarket cooler mixing it with preexisting fluid or do a big flush. Considering the fact that the cvt oil is very crucial to the CVT I am just a bit worried if I were to mix it it wouldn't be great for the car in the long term. My car only has 8k miles on it and am needing in community help if it is ok to mix new CVT fluid with old cvt fluid without hurting the trans.
Sponsored

ntoenis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey wanted to see if this actually worked out for you as I'm planning to install a ETL CVT Oil Cooler this week and wanted to make sure to pick up enough fluid. Assumed I could always just start with an extra quart, shift gears, then check fill plug and add more as needed

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey wanted to see if this actually worked out for you as I'm planning to install a ETL CVT Oil Cooler this week and wanted to make sure to pick up enough fluid. Assumed I could always just start with an extra quart, shift gears, then check fill plug and add more as needed
So I actually added 2 quarts, which they recommend 2-3 quarts. I just added into existing one as it shouldn't be negative as much. I did have to do a lot of modifications as my cai was in the way. I did in fact cycle through each gear 4 times just in case with a 5 sec pause in between. Hope that helped, lmk any other questions :)

ntoenis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I actually added 2 quarts, which they recommend 2-3 quarts. I just added into existing one as it shouldn't be negative as much. I did have to do a lot of modifications as my cai was in the way. I did in fact cycle through each gear 4 times just in case with a 5 sec pause in between. Hope that helped, lmk any other questions :)
Oh perfect thank you! Also I'm running a Mishimoto intake setup which I don't think should interfere but I'll update this thread if I have any issues. Do you by chance have any pictures of your mounting setup? Been curious what ETL recommends mounting wise as they doesn't share much of their documentation online.

ntoenis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh perfect thank you! Also I'm running a Mishimoto intake setup which I don't think should interfere but I'll update this thread if I have any issues. Do you by chance have any pictures of your mounting setup? Been curious what ETL recommends mounting wise as they doesn't share much of their documentation online.
Also planning to do a transmission oil change anyways so the system will likely be drained during the install of the ETL "cake", but any tips for keeping fluid spills to a minimum I'd love as I'm guessing the factory warmer holds all the tranny juices in.

OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I unfortunately don't but an instruction manual comes with it. All mounting hardware and tubes come with it. I did have to modify the placement and drill a hole into my front crash bar corner and on top of the metal where the hood latch is. I also had to feed the tubes in the tightest spots to the front bumper. The placement initially says on the bottom driver fender but my honda assist radar obstructs the location so last minute modifcation was needed. I can try to give best photos tomorrow when im free. Putting the cake was a bit hard as my prl ic was in the way, has to do a little modifications there too haha. Ill update with pictures tomorrow.

Edit1- Heres the forum to my other ETL Cooler post, I have pictures there, not great ones but yknow

Last edited:
OP
OP
With_extra_salt

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also planning to do a transmission oil change anyways so the system will likely be drained during the install of the ETL "cake", but any tips for keeping fluid spills to a minimum I'd love as I'm guessing the factory warmer holds all the tranny juices in.
Yeah, just drain it all under the car and you may need to get a pump to get all of it out. When removing the factory warmer to fit the cake, fluid did leak out but not a lot, just a couple rolls of paper towels cleaned it up, it does smell like rotten eggs though. The smell does linger around so be prepared to smell rotten eggs for a couple days if it doesnt leak.
Sponsored