CVT not shifting from 0-125 at full throttle

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
But which way was faster though?
simulated shifts tend to actually slow the car down. Better to let the CVT do what it was designed to do which is stay in the peak power range.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Thanks, but as pointed out previously, this the Type R forum and none of us have CVTs and none of us care what the computer does.
Lots of us have CVT's here. You don't need to own a Type R to read/post here.
Having said that, you KNOW he posted in the wrong section accidentally, we've all done it at some point in our forum posting careers. I don't know why people flip their nuts over it when somebody else does it. Nobody is perfect!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because "flipping their nuts" makes people feel better about themselves. Better to focus on other people's mistakes than their own. Anywho, glad it went back to normal. I always use the paddles in S mode, so I never have these computer generated shift problems. Chalk me up as another person curious what's faster, the fake simulated shifts or the "stuck at 6k rpm" tune. :)

OP
OP
Stephen

Stephen

Bone Stock
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Country flag
Because "flipping their nuts" makes people feel better about themselves. Better to focus on other people's mistakes than their own. Anywho, glad it went back to normal. I always use the paddles in S mode, so I never have these computer generated shift problems. Chalk me up as another person curious what's faster, the fake simulated shifts or the "stuck at 6k rpm" tune. :)
It’s been a little too wet to find out yet. If it is then I’m going to research the possibility of it running like that in sport and normal in drive.
Sponsored