First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Hey all!

Hopefully just a quick one. 1.5l CVT on the Dual 21 tune and no adjustments made.

Today I put it into the manual gears in sport mode and as I got to about 5.5 - 6k rpm the car instantly shifted from 3rd to 4th. (yes i know theres no real shifts in a cvt)

I'm just wondering, what this potentially due to the Knock con. rising or has it got something to do with the Rev limits set on the tune? I notice High limit being 6600 and High Restart being 6100. I've had a look around and can't find what this means exactly. Any help would be great! @KTuner
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
AT and CVTs are supposed to shift before they would ever hit the rev limit. That sounds like the standard "shift points" that are programmed in the CVT control.

OP
OP

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
AT and CVTs are supposed to shift before they would ever hit the rev limit. That sounds like the standard "shift points" that are programmed in the CVT control.
Hmm it's not even near the red line though...So it wouldn't have anything to do with the ktuners rpm limits?

When you guys run pulls on the CVTs, could you get the car higher than "6k rpm"?

darth_yomama

First Name
Tarick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
@KTuner Are the low rev limit settings disabled for CVTs for safety purposes? I was hoping I can adjust it for a basic 2 step at full stop.

On a side note, awesome work! I'm sure you guys hear this time and time again but it's literally night and day with this 21 psi dual calibration!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The CVTs can't launch without doing something that would hurt the drivetrain long term and we're trying to not to advocate that. :)

Thanks, definitely appreciated!
Sponsored