Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Myx, when you had your lowest times last year, what were the ambient temps? This turbo really doesn't like the warm, humid summer air.
Sponsored

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
This is good information. CVT people take note of that 60ft time. For comparison, look in the forums at the 1/4 mile times of the people with Si's and especially the Type R and look a their 60ft times. Just because you have a CVT does not mean you can't accelerate from a dead stop quickly 'on street tires'. Street tire for street tire, the CVT does pretty damn good, if not better that those running with more hp/tq on manual trannies.
Yep and for the CVT people, look at mine an Myx's trap speeds and 1/4 mile times... that's not far off stock type R numbers

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep and for the CVT people, look at mine an Myx's trap speeds and 1/4 mile times... that's not far off stock type R numbers
Easy now my friend. Those Type R trap speeds are SICK. :p:lol:

I do notice that 'L' gear is the ticket. REALLY looking forward to how it performs when the temps drop and some experimentation.

Myx, when you had your lowest times last year, what were the ambient temps? This turbo really doesn't like the warm, humid summer air.
Yeah, I just didn't know how much it doesn't like the temps. I run when it's cool/cold and low air density for good times. It was between 35F-50F when I did all my previous runs. I know it's a big difference but I didn't bring it up because I'm not about excuses.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Easy now my friend. Those Type R trap speeds are SICK. :p:lol:

I do notice that 'L' gear is the ticket. REALLY looking forward to how it performs when the temps drop and some experimentation.

Yeah, I just didn't know how much it doesn't like the temps. I run when it's cool/cold and low air density for good times. It was between 35F-50F when I did all my previous runs. I know it's a big difference but I didn't bring it up because I'm not about excuses.
Its a legitimate excuse though, the hotter it is out the less power these cars put down, especially when IATs get up there. If you ran the same setup in 30 degree cooler weather than you had yesterday, you would definitely have been quicker

Reactions: Myx

buddha123

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS Sedan
I have a CVT, I have all those mods plus E85 and 27WON's turbo. So far its still going strong no weird noises or anything, I dont abuse the car either. Im at 17K miles too.
those are exactly the mods i want to do. please keep us posted

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
My time was in 60 degree weather. In 90-100 degree weather you can feel the heat soak instantly with these engines.

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thoughts on 27WON vs PRL's turbo upgrade for the CVT?

I have skimmed over PRL's posts and it seems like the torque may be too much?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thoughts on 27WON vs PRL's turbo upgrade for the CVT?

I have skimmed over PRL's posts and it seems like the torque may be too much?
2 different paths, the PRL is much more for making big power, the 27 won for that stock location and some good power. Neither is probably a good idea for the CVT, you can max the cvt on a tune and e30 blend alone. But you can make it work if you want. You just wont be getting the max you could from either set up on a cvt

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is good information. CVT people take note of that 60ft time. For comparison, look in the forums at the 1/4 mile times of the people with Si's and especially the Type R and look a their 60ft times. Just because you have a CVT does not mean you can't accelerate from a dead stop quickly 'on street tires'. Street tire for street tire, the CVT does pretty damn good, if not better that those running with more hp/tq on manual trannies.
yeah best 60ft for me was 2.13. heading back to the track on the 9th, i will test out L and see how it does.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I do plan on tracking it, taking it to the strip. I am curious as to what kinds of times a CVT is capable of.

Yeah I went with 27WON's, and I am being tuned by Derek.
Sooo......guess you'll never be testing this out eh? You got silent on us. :) Oh well.....

I'm looking all over this message board/forum and beyond for some 27WON CVT owner results. Already have seen a few Si with the turbo results. So far, sticking with my stocker. :drive:

CVTSickVick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic CVT
Country flag
My 2018 Civic Sport CVT hatch was able to do 300whp and 300wtq it’s FBO running about 60% ethanol mix. Its still my daily and has been for going on 7 months now after the mods. I don’t get on it every day or race everyday so I’m sure that plays a factor to why the engine and trans has lasted this long. Haven’t had a single issue with it since I moded it and got it tuned. I’m very happy with it and it amazed me how fast it is on the CVT but it also scares me because of what people say about the CVT transmission blowing up. But it’s doable and I have achieved it. Here are the mods:

PRL race cobra intake
PRL flex fuel kit
PRL catless downpipe and front pipe
Greddy supreme SP exhaust
Injen intercooler
27Won big turbo kit
27Won trans mount
Ktuner V2
Custom flex fuel tune by CP Motorsports

For the last month I haven’t ran any high content ethanol because I’ve been a little lazy to go out my way to pump e85 and it still does good with 93 pump gas. According to the tuner the car did about 280hp and 270tq to the wheels in 93 pump gas and it did about 308hp and 300tq to the wheels with a 60% e85 and 93 mix. So far no weird noises or any abnormal drivability issues. The only thing that really changed is that the tuner told me to do my oil change every 3,500-4,000 miles. He also said the CVT did not slip at all while he was tunning it and it’s pushing about 22 pounds of boost at peek. And I think the best part about this is that I’m still getting 35MPG but when I get it on it depending how long it drops 0.5-1.0MPG but it’s such a fun car to drive now. Unfortunately I haven’t taken it to the track to see what times it’ll do.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Limits and Personal Mod Roadmap CC62337F-3D35-4F57-95F2-CD537757E437

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Limits and Personal Mod Roadmap 289CDBD1-CA87-4745-B155-A1D8D1F84427

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sooo......guess you'll never be testing this out eh? You got silent on us. :) Oh well.....

I'm looking all over this message board/forum and beyond for some 27WON CVT owner results. Already have seen a few Si with the turbo results. So far, sticking with my stocker. :drive:
Yeah sorry about that i completely forgot about these forums. I guess I’ll update on my CVT too, since the last time I actually got a real tune at a shop, and came back at 224 to the wheels, I have the E85 sensor and everything set up, but didn’t get tuned for it I was afraid of blowing the CVT. They also dialed back the tune too cause I didn’t want the CVT to blow up. After reading this thread though I will probably go back and get E85 tune. Before anyone asks for more info on the tune I have none since that day was a horrible day for me so I picked up the car and left. I also haven’t taken it to the track since I lost my job and don’t have the means as much anymore to go all out as much as I wanted to.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah sorry about that i completely forgot about these forums. I guess I’ll update on my CVT too, since the last time I actually got a real tune at a shop, and came back at 224 to the wheels, I have the E85 sensor and everything set up, but didn’t get tuned for it I was afraid of blowing the CVT. They also dialed back the tune too cause I didn’t want the CVT to blow up. After reading this thread though I will probably go back and get E85 tune. Before anyone asks for more info on the tune I have none since that day was a horrible day for me so I picked up the car and left. I also haven’t taken it to the track since I lost my job and don’t have the means as much anymore to go all out as much as I wanted to.
Man, I'm sorry about your job situation. Hope you get back on your feet. Yeah, leave the car alone until you are cool. Things will pick up for you man. Good luck! And thanks for responding.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2018 Civic Sport CVT hatch was able to do 300whp and 300wtq it’s FBO running about 60% ethanol mix. Its still my daily and has been for going on 7 months now after the mods. I don’t get on it every day or race everyday so I’m sure that plays a factor to why the engine and trans has lasted this long. Haven’t had a single issue with it since I moded it and got it tuned. I’m very happy with it and it amazed me how fast it is on the CVT but it also scares me because of what people say about the CVT transmission blowing up. But it’s doable and I have achieved it. Here are the mods:

PRL race cobra intake
PRL flex fuel kit
Injen intercooler
27Won big turbo kit
27Won trans mount
Ktuner V2

For the last month I haven’t ran any high content ethanol because I’ve been a little lazy to go out my way to pump e85 and it still does good with 93 pump gas. According to the tuner the car did about 280hp and 270tq to the wheels in 93 pump gas and it did about 308hp and 300tq to the wheels with a 60% e85 and 93 mix. So far no weird noises or any abnormal drivability issues. The only thing that really changed is that the tuner told me to do my oil change every 3,500-4,000 miles. He also said the CVT did not slip at all while he was tunning it and it’s pushing about 22 pounds of boost at peek. And I think the best part about this is that I’m still getting 35MPG but when I get it on it depending how long it drops 0.5-1.0MPG but it’s such a fun car to drive now. Unfortunately I haven’t taken it to the track to see what times it’ll do.

CC62337F-3D35-4F57-95F2-CD537757E437.jpeg

289CDBD1-CA87-4745-B155-A1D8D1F84427.jpeg

Great results! Thanks for sharing. Really good to see numbers attached to the modifications to give us all an idea on the differences between high octane fuel and ethanol mix.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PRL race cobra intake
PRL flex fuel kit
Injen intercooler
27Won big turbo kit
27Won trans mount
Ktuner V2

CC62337F-3D35-4F57-95F2-CD537757E437.jpeg

289CDBD1-CA87-4745-B155-A1D8D1F84427.jpeg
I'm more interested in what this runs at the track. CVT dyno results can get really skewed especially if you dont have the paddles. Excellent build though.
Sponsored