daltonh10

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone, I just wanted to talk about my situation. I have a 2018 cvt hatch with only 16,400 miles. I was on ktuner stage 2 for about 2 months around 8k miles and I had transmission issues. Luckily the dealership replaced the Valve body(transmission part) and I’ve been fine since then. 8k miles later with no modifications my transmission started to slip and jerk when going from a stop. Still drivable at the moment. Yes I occasionally drive “spiritedly” going WOT 1-2 times a week. I just think it should hold up longer than 16k miles.... Has anyone experienced similar problems at this low mileage?

I’m praying I can get a new one under warranty.

And yes once fixed I’m getting a manual.
Sponsored

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Hey everyone, I just wanted to talk about my situation. I have a 2018 cvt hatch with only 16,400 miles. I was on ktuner stage 2 for about 2 months around 8k miles and I had transmission issues. Luckily the dealership replaced the Valve body(transmission part) and I’ve been fine since then. 8k miles later with no modifications my transmission started to slip and jerk when going from a stop. Still drivable at the moment. Yes I occasionally drive “spiritedly” going WOT 1-2 times a week. I just think it should hold up longer than 16k miles.... Has anyone experienced similar problems at this low mileage?

I’m praying I can get a new one under warranty.

And yes once fixed I’m getting a manual.
CVT’s in these cars are sort of weak and tend to overheat. If you weren’t running trans cooler with tune that is pretty much a death sentence to the transmission. Best of Luck to you sir