CVT Hatch Stalled?

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Had this happen to me yesterday, CVT Coupe Touring, Boomba BOV, rear motor mount, SiriMoto front strut bar. I'm doubting it's the BOV though as I just did a three-point turn, it stalled when I slowed down/stopped to park. I shifted to neutral, it seemed to stutter to start, then readjusted to park properly.
Sponsored

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Had this happen to me yesterday, CVT Coupe Touring, Boomba BOV, rear motor mount, SiriMoto front strut bar. I'm doubting it's the BOV though as I just did a three-point turn, it stalled when I slowed down/stopped to park. I shifted to neutral, it seemed to stutter to start, then readjusted to park properly.
I'm positive it is the BOV, because the people with it, are the only ones experiencing these issues. It's not just some coincidence. It's already been proven, that they are no good for, and are bound to cause issues on this platform.

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I'm positive it is the BOV, because the people with it, are the only ones experiencing these issues. It's not just some coincidence. It's already been proven, that they are no good for, and are bound to cause issues on this platform.
But I shouldn't be producing boost at like 5kmph?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not unless you are flooring it, well maybe minimum if you are just letting the car coast in drive.

Gohena23

First Name
Osy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2016 Mustang GT
Country flag
I got 19 hatch back CVT, my first mod ever on the car was a BOV adapter plate thats vents to ATMO first thing that happen after install was all my lights turned like a Christmas tree (but thats normal for some cars just turn it on and off 4-5 times and they went away) Every now and then it's very very very rare the car does stall and the engine dies but i have noticed it only happens when i floor the car when i am in low gears it has never happen while going 30+ miles and i floor it only when going any where from 1-20 mph. I currently run the PRL intake and the BOV adapter plate, i plan on getting the HKS bov for the whistle sound soon, other then that i have not had an issues so far yet running a BOV. Car runs fine gas milage is the same. At the end of the day it's a simple bolt on mod that you can just take of and revert the car back to factory if something bad does happen then take it to the dealer lmao, but this will only if you don't tune your car since they have no way if checking you where actually running an after market bov....

Gohena23

First Name
Osy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2016 Mustang GT
Country flag
I got 19 hatch back CVT, my first mod ever on the car was a BOV adapter plate thats vents to ATMO first thing that happen after install was all my lights turned like a Christmas tree (but thats normal for some cars just turn it on and off 4-5 times and they went away) Every now and then it's very very very rare the car does stall and the engine dies but i have noticed it only happens when i floor the car when i am in low gears then let off the gas right away to hear the BOV sound it has never happen while going 30+ miles and i floor it only when going any where from 1-20 mph. I currently run the PRL intake and the BOV adapter plate, i plan on getting the HKS bov for the whistle sound soon, other then that i have not had an issues so far yet running a BOV. Car runs fine gas milage is the same. At the end of the day it's a simple bolt on mod that you can just take of and revert the car back to factory if something bad does happen then take it to the dealer lmao, but this will only if you don't tune your car since they have no way if checking you where actually running an after market bov....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I currently run the PRL intake and the BOV adapter plate, i plan on getting the HKS bov for the whistle sound soon, other then that i have not had an issues so far yet running a BOV. Car runs fine gas milage is the same. At the end of the day it's a simple bolt on mod that you can just take of and revert the car back to factory if something bad does happen then take it to the dealer lmao, but this will only if you don't tune your car since they have no way if checking you where actually running an after market bov....
Good luck with that. Make sure you run datalogs often as you're probably setting yourself up for issues.

Take a look at this...

"Do not use a BOV on this car. The air that is being vented out is metered air, meaning the MAF saw that air and adjusted the fuel and timing for that amount of air. Venting that air out will mean the engine gets less air than expected, running rich (more fuel less air). You won't get much of the psssh sound with a CVT anyway. Running rich can ruin 02 sensors, increase carbon buildup...

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck with that. Make sure you run datalogs often as you're probably setting yourself up for issues.

Take a look at this...

"Do not use a BOV on this car. The air that is being vented out is metered air, meaning the MAF saw that air and adjusted the fuel and timing for that amount of air. Venting that air out will mean the engine gets less air than expected, running rich (more fuel less air). You won't get much of the psssh sound with a CVT anyway. Running rich can ruin 02 sensors, increase carbon buildup...
Man, you are too nice. At this point, if people still continue to push on with BOVs on these with the overabundance of warnings of to not use them... I just say let it be and I'll grab the popcorn and wait patiently for when they run into issues. Rarely do things go well when you chase clout.
Sponsored