Rothmannnn

First Name
Rothmann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t cvt
Country flag
Hi. Just wondering if can and how much cost needed to convert cvt civic to the manual si? I live in south east asia where there are no si here and even manual civic not sell here in my country. And also, here we drive right hand drive. So, pretty impossible just to import from US. But i really damn love the si. Just in case i can fully convert my cvt civic to si. Also maybe can ship parts to my country for the conversion. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly trying to do a conversion to a manual transmission and adding LSD would be difficult and extremely costly. The Si also has different engine internals and many other different parts.

Consider doing what I've done instead. Get a tune (KTuner would be my choice). 18" wheels, better tires. A beefier rear sway bar. You'll have a car that's much quicker and more aggressive looking. Almost no turbo lag and a much better handler than a stock base turbo. Of course, it won't handle quite as well as the Si but overall your car will be great to drive.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’d be envious of the Si as well if it wasn’t available in my country. But I just don’t think it’s worth that kind of trouble.

It’s still a Honda Civic, with a little bit of Red stitching and a plastic Si badge that gets all the Honda bois moist in the shorts.

We’re talking 25 extra horsepower over a non-SI.

But the LSD is a nice

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hi. Just wondering if can and how much cost needed to convert cvt civic to the manual si? I live in south east asia where there are no si here and even manual civic not sell here in my country. And also, here we drive right hand drive. So, pretty impossible just to import from US. But i really damn love the si. Just in case i can fully convert my cvt civic to si. Also maybe can ship parts to my country for the conversion. Thanks for the help.
Are there parallel importer to import SI from UK? Same as in Singapore, the authorized dealer (Kah Motor) only sell CVT but we have parallel importer and they ship the SI from UK.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

OP
OP
Rothmannnn

Rothmannnn

First Name
Rothmann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t cvt
Country flag
Are there parallel importer to import SI from UK? Same as in Singapore, the authorized dealer (Kah Motor) only sell CVT but we have parallel importer and they ship the SI from UK.
I think uk also doesnt have si. Civic si only left hand drive. No right hand drive si. If there are, maybe can import from other country

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Bro, in that the case, Type R will be the best fit. It can easily take on twist & turn road, Genting highlands, Cameron highlands, NS highway of almost 1000km, etc.. Additionally, cross over and take on Thailand road. Go for it!

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Honestly trying to do a conversion to a manual transmission and adding LSD would be difficult and extremely costly. The Si also has different engine internals and many other different parts.

Consider doing what I've done instead. Get a tune (KTuner would be my choice). 18" wheels, better tires. A beefier rear sway bar. You'll have a car that's much quicker and more aggressive looking. Almost no turbo lag and a much better handler than a stock base turbo. Of course, it won't handle quite as well as the Si but overall your car will be great to drive.
I have the same thought as gtman. KTuner enable you to tune your engine to reach power even higher than the stock SI. Adding handling & suspension upgrade could give better experience than the SI.
Sponsored