CVT Fluid Change

MarshX

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there folks, I’m just about due for my CVT Fluid change. My question is whether it’s necessary to also change out the transmission filter...? Given that I have a 1.5L engine, does that filter for the specific transmission NEED to be changed or can you get by with a simple drain and fill without any issues down the road?(pun intended)
Thanks!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey there folks, I’m just about due for my CVT Fluid change. My question is whether it’s necessary to also change out the transmission filter...? Given that I have a 1.5L engine, does that filter for the specific transmission NEED to be changed or can you get by with a simple drain and fill without any issues down the road?(pun intended)
Thanks!
There’s no accessible filter unless you count the CVT warmer filter (Part #: 25450-P4V-013). But that’s not really a filter that cleans the whole fluid. If you take it to a Honda dealership for the maintenance they will just do a drain and fill. If your super anal about maintenance and you want to get a good majority of the fluid you are suppose to do it multiple times. Where as 1 drain and fill gets some but not all since most of the fluid remains in the torque converter. Either is fine really.

Civii

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
There’s no accessible filter unless you count the CVT warmer filter (Part #: 25450-P4V-013). But that’s not really a filter that cleans the whole fluid. If you take it to a Honda dealership for the maintenance they will just do a drain and fill. If your super anal about maintenance and you want to get a good majority of the fluid you are suppose to do it multiple times. Where as 1 drain and fill gets some but not all since most of the fluid remains in the torque converter. Either is fine really.
There is another above the oil pan.

Advertisement

Advertisement