CVT fluid change ,but no reminder

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm slightly under 30,000 miles, i have not received the computer reminder to change the CVT fluid. I heard i'm suppose to change the CVT fluid anywhere from 25k-30k miles. Do you guys recommending change the CVT fluid now, without the reminder, or wait for the reminder?

Advertisement

jerryvvv

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Vic
Country flag
I would wait for the MM code, it might not happen till 50-60k miles...your still early, unless you live and drive where there are alot of steep mountain roads

jerryvvv

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Vic
Country flag
I heard i'm suppose to change the CVT fluid anywhere from 25k-30k miles.
You heard wrong,

Trust Honda and your MM....not a bunch of nonsense that is spewed all over the net by clueless people

OP

biosses

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Country flag
I would wait for the MM code, it might not happen till 50-60k miles...your still early, unless you live and drive where there are alot of steep mountain roads

I do city and freeway driving, but freeway most of the times. I called the local Honda dealership, they said i'm due for CVT fluid change since i'm near 30k miles. $167 for dealership to do it, or DYI $13/ quart. I need 3 qts.

Whiting087

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic 2.0l 4D LX
Country flag
I'm slightly under 30,000 miles, i have not received the computer reminder to change the CVT fluid. I heard i'm suppose to change the CVT fluid anywhere from 25k-30k miles. Do you guys recommending change the CVT fluid now, without the reminder, or wait for the reminder?
THE most UNREAD BOOK IN THE WORLD...the Owners Manual‼
page 22 under Maintenance For my 2018 has a grid that clearly indicates to change the transmission fluid at 60,000‼ Trust the MM and the designing engineers... not the dealers who are just seeing dollar signs when asked about “how often should I ...”.

jerryvvv

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Vic
Country flag
I do city and freeway driving, but freeway most of the times.
Freeway is alot easier on the CVT then city driving,

Like I said, wait for the MM code, that's why Honda put it there

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never really followed the reminder...

If I did I could've been screwed, my CVT has a leak, I didn't get the full details but Honda needs a few days to repair it.

It can't hurt to change it early.