CVT Flex Fuel Tune

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Does anyone know where I could get a tune for running PRL’s flex fuel kit on e85. I have a Civic Sport Touring CVT. Just wondering if there is a tune out there already made for this or if I would have to get a custom tune from someone. If so, please let me know who makes good custom tunes.
Sponsored

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Does anyone know where I could get a tune for running PRL’s flex fuel kit on e85. I have a Civic Sport Touring CVT. Just wondering if there is a tune out there already made for this or if I would have to get a custom tune from someone. If so, please let me know who makes good custom tunes.
There are no basemaps or canned tunes for flex fuel on the non Si

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
You'll need/want to get a custom tune. If there's nobody local you trust, you could contact Drob at IMW or John Vega at Phearable and see if they'll do an etune.

OP
OP
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
No idea. Look in the regional section and see if there's anyone in the area who might know.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Power Metrics (iirc run or linked to D. Butler) offered a canned e85 tune for the CVT non-si 1.5ts. Not sure if he stopped or not though. But 2-3 years ago he did.

Back in the early days with folks like Kevsterr (forgot the exact spelling) he also ran that tune. Memory is a bit foggy but I think I do recall Kevster messing up that motor. Not 100% sure if the tune was at fault but I have a personal experience with a friend who blew up his FK7 CVT running that tune. He soon got a replacement motor and decided to get a custom tune with Drob on Ktuner.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The KTuner included Non-Si basemaps do support flex fuel when enabled and used with a flex fuel kit. Fuel and ignition are adjusted. No additional boost. Custom tuning will definitely yield better results.

So I can't use the flex fuel already set up on the ktuner?
You can.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Power Metrics (iirc run or linked to D. Butler) offered a canned e85 tune for the CVT non-si 1.5ts. Not sure if he stopped or not though. But 2-3 years ago he did.

Back in the early days with folks like Kevsterr (forgot the exact spelling) he also ran that tune. Memory is a bit foggy but I think I do recall Kevster messing up that motor. Not 100% sure if the tune was at fault but I have a personal experience with a friend who blew up his FK7 CVT running that tune. He soon got a replacement motor and decided to get a custom tune with Drob on Ktuner.
No, you're right. I totally forgot about the Hondata stuff.

OP
OP
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The KTuner included Non-Si basemaps do support flex fuel when enabled and used with a flex fuel kit. Fuel and ignition are adjusted. No additional boost. Custom tuning will definitely yield better results.

You can.
Thank you so much! Just to be 100% sure to start using them I simply just check the certain boxes that PRL says to in their flex-fuel kit install instructions?