Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Please, do expound on this. Only substance abuse my car partakes in is ethanol... if weren't taking differentials.

I know of an aftermarket helical LSD being sold for the Civic. But it's sold as an upgrade for Si and Non-Si and there's this feel it doesn't apply but doesn't explicitly exclude non-MT.
hmmmm, same same just an LSD meant for CVT's. lemme dig up some pics if i can find them. there are a few cars that use here locally so far so good. i think it's selling for USD 1500 though.
Sponsored

lslo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I’ve been following this thread with great interest. Really brave and patient work. Although CVT to MT is not a mod I expect many people to undertake on these 10th Gen for a while, documenting it here has been a significant community contribution, I think. Congrats to the OP.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Last night, I was tracking my fk7 hatch with a CVT and just as the third session started the car wouldn't engage a "gear." After getting towed off I drove about 10 miles towards my home with it constantly slipping and eventually couldn't go further and towed it home. Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but it just happened so suddenly.

Car has been running and intake, downpipe, and e85 with ktuner for about a year and half. Used CVTs go for 1k shipped on ebay, maybe a bit more, but a used si tranny goes for about 2k. Im probably going to try swapping it for the lsd and mt that can handle the power of the car. What do you guys think ill need to do the swap?

I'm thinking:

Si transmission
Pedal assembly
ECU
Wiring harness
Shifter assembly with different cutout for car
New clutch and flywheel, maybe fx350
Cv axle internals, I heard the outside is the same from si to sport
When you say "tracked" ..how fast/average top speed were u doing?

Curious because I have a 17 cvt 1.5 hatch cvt.. and I have 68k on her(bought around 38k) doing 1/110+ daily mph between i80/i90 for giggles. And *sofar* havnt had a problem stock. But a few months ago I got prl stage 1 intake and ktuner.

I just wanna know how careful to be because I can't afford a new car for atleast a few more years and I still owe 15grand on her

Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag

Curious because I have a 17 cvt 1.5 hatch cvt.. and I have 68k on her(bought around 38k) doing 1/110+ daily mph between i80/i90 for giggles. And *sofar* havnt had a problem stock. But a few months ago I got prl stage 1 intake and ktuner.

I just wanna know how careful to be because I can't afford a new car for atleast a few more years and I still owe 15grand on her
From what I've heard on my research is takes a lot. That opinion isn't shared, but if you just stay with a k tuner tune and full bult on on 93 octane you should be problem free. If you're really worried about it you can get a custom tune from DRob for $500 and he pads it more. Just get your cvt fluid changed every 15 to 20k that's the most important thing. If you go ethanol/flex fuel don't go above e40 and you need a custom tune.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
From what I've heard on my research is takes a lot. That opinion isn't shared, but if you just stay with a k tuner tune and full bult on on 93 octane you should be problem free. If you're really worried about it you can get a custom tune from DRob for $500 and he pads it more. Just get your cvt fluid changed every 15 to 20k that's the most important thing. If you go ethanol/flex fuel don't go above e40 and you need a custom tune.
Unfortunately I'm starting to show issues. I posted another thread under mods about my check engine light coming on. I'm getting lean codes as well as eltrical codes.. I just replaced the battery and JUST had my fluid changed 2 months ago... but my car is stalling/slipping so now I'm scared. I thought maybe it was a random one time thing.. but it slipped twice on me today

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Waste of money. Replace the cvt and deal with it orreplace cvt and sell car and get a vehicle that isnt an ecobobox thst is already made for abuse.

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

You drive 100mph plus daily? You are an idiot.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
1. Clutch pedal does not perfectly fit, i welded a bracket and risers to create a flush fut. Everything else fit without issue. The CVT heat exchanger can be cut and tubing routed into itself without issue, so no dangly metal in the engine bay.
2. Immobilzer needs to be reprogrammed to new ecm, i used x34 tablet off amazon.
Alright, so ill just go off of what i can remember:
1. Si Tranny : 1600 shipped.
2. Oem hatchback sport ecm: 430 shipped.
3. Salvage wiring harness for engine hatchback sport and SI engine room, 300
4. OEM Si half shafts: 400
5. Ebay midshaft 75
6. Ebay Shifter and cables: 200
7. Salvage hatch sport guage cluster 75 ( still need to pick up and install)
8. New clutchmaster flywheel and fx450 Price may vary
9. X34 honda reprogramming tablet 1050 shipped amazon, can use and return.
10. Various hardware, wiring looms, bolts and such that were missing: 100
11.Ebay "Nismo" ;) shift knob 10 shipped
12. Sakura blossom in focus shift boot 70 shipped
13. Various money I spent on parts i didnt end up needing like si guage cluster and instrument wiring harness, Maf, tubing, 500
14. Ebay si Master cylinder 100 shipped
15. Salvage Si tranny mount 75 picked up.
16. Ruined sparkplug replacement 50 shipped Oem.
17. Brake fluid, antifreeze, and other 100. I flushed the brake system 3 times.
18. Honda wiring subscription 200 total at 25 per day. You can pay 125 for a month, but i kept thinking just one more time.
You wont need the subscription if you buy ALL of the wiring engine/control harnesses from a hatchback sport, but good luck locating them.
19. VSA modulator hatch sport 75 salvaged
Probably other stuff, but i cant remember. Ill update this if something comes up. Need to check emails for reciepts and such anyway.

Man hours: Tranny blew July 3. Work started July 10. Up untill August 7 I put in an average of 3 hours of work on the car and 2 hours online doing research on weekends and holidays too. Keep in mind, I had zero experience. Most work ive done was bolt on mods and ktuner. Wiring quickly became a nightmare since i had to Frankenstein my harness. Had help with heavy lifting and welding from a mechanic buddy of mine who knows nothing about modern car systems for about 5 of those days. Drove the car for a little while and did minor work. Took it apart yesterday 3 hours of work to install new RMM, doing tranny mount today, maybe wiring.
My question is if you already have a hatch sport you wont have to buy as many parts? Or does it have to be a 6mt sport parts not cvt?

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m also curious on this? My guess is yes?
You'll just have to buy all the necessary components to match everything and connect it. Wiring would also probably be different if it wasn't a hatch.
Sponsored