Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just finished up lights, gauges, intetcooler, buper grill. Clicking noise was fixed a few weeks ago. It was caused by bent fsb endlinks. Replaced with whiteline adjustable.

To do: Oil cooler, custom tune, front splitter/shield- to replace torn weather guard material, rv6 solid compliance mounts, rv6 rsb, splitter and defuser- non functional but should complete look. If someone can guide me through fabricating a functional diffuser I would appreciate it.

Tires changed to r888rs a month ago. Fresh oil and brake fluid also done at that time.

Will be changing threads to build log for next post, as there are now no issues with the tranny outside of the mismatched headunit. Will be picking up a mt non si one soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap IMG_20201122_012657_426

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 20201121_233647

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 20201121_221214

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 20201121_170848

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NDEAVOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So was this a success? I read through the thread and it looks like it was which is awesome as I’ve been debating a MT swap on mine. Where is the new thread?

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
So was this a success? I read through the thread and it looks like it was which is awesome as I’ve been debating a MT swap on mine. Where is the new thread?
Yeah I agree I'll need to do this in the future. Can you make a full parts thread?

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I agree I'll need to do this in the future. Can you make a full parts thread?
The project was a success! I didnt actually ever make that second thread as I got super busy with work and havnt done much to the car since. Ive put about 20k miles on after the swap. Already did 3 track days on the MT. Recently went with the W2. All the parts are in the thread, I or someome else would just need to go through and make the list. Feel free to dm me for specific questions. I dont recommend this swap if you can make the car go back to stock and buy an MT variant with a trade-in. Unless you have a full donor car, I dont see this swap as time or money effective.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The project was a success! I didnt actually ever make that second thread as I got super busy with work and havnt done much to the car since. Ive put about 20k miles on after the swap. Already did 3 track days on the MT. Recently went with the W2. All the parts are in the thread, I or someome else would just need to go through and make the list. Feel free to dm me for specific questions. I dont recommend this swap if you can make the car go back to stock and buy an MT variant with a trade-in. Unless you have a full donor car, I dont see this swap as time or money effective.
or if you have no choice or options :)

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Why not fix it and get a cvt oil cooler, I’m pretty sure if you had one you wouldn’t had blown your transmission
where would a cvt oil cooler be placed? Debating on purchasing one but no instruction manuals come with them, heard they go in the driver fender? But I already have a PRL CAI taking the space up. Any idea?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
where would a cvt oil cooler be placed? Debating on purchasing one but no instruction manuals come with them, heard they go in the driver fender? But I already have a PRL CAI taking the space up. Any idea?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
confused on how the mounting would work as the product I am getting states no mounting kit, the ETL cvt oil cooler. Will installing an oil cooler fill the left spot aswell? Thanks
that's the product you got sadly. the one's i have comes in full kit with 2 options with bracket or with the special cable tie that comes with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 1623532927304
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 1623532951557
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT Destroyed at 45k, looking to MT swap 1623533023809

here's an oil cooler i installed recently :

ok better not get off topic & off track. hope the pics or vid helped with mounting locations ;)

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome you pulled this together. A first in the community? Bragging rights, for sure.

Do you still have the cvt parts? Were you able to pull the differential from the CVT and either compare to the MT Diff or just have the CVT one to take measurements?

If the diff interfacing is compatible between MT and CVT diffs, and the dimensions aren't far off... This would be a strong indication that those of us with CVTs may be able to grt a LSD.

I would so tear apart a CVT to get an LSD. I'd probably look at swapping in paddles, and get a optimal non-MT Civic I would have wanted but has never existed...
L15b7, Non-MT, LSD, paddles, in a coupe with leather.

Such a powertrain conversion also lends hope to the potential for modding in the CR-V's AWD. If one could be modded with cooling... A CVT Civic could whomp on the drag strip for a few runs.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome you pulled this together. A first in the community? Bragging rights, for sure.

Do you still have the cvt parts? Were you able to pull the differential from the CVT and either compare to the MT Diff or just have the CVT one to take measurements?

If the diff interfacing is compatible between MT and CVT diffs, and the dimensions aren't far off... This would be a strong indication that those of us with CVTs may be able to grt a LSD.

I would so tear apart a CVT to get an LSD. I'd probably look at swapping in paddles, and get a optimal non-MT Civic I would have wanted but has never existed...

Such a powertrain conversion also lends hope to the potential for modding in the CR-V's AWD. If one could be modded with cooling... A CVT Civic could whomp on the drag strip for a few runs.
Yes, I believe I was the first, followed closely by CAPTS. The MT diff is larger unfortunately. They are not compatible. At least the si-variant. Your best bet is to wait for aftermarket support, for a project like yours, I dont really see any other bolt-on way. Try to find a non-si MT to compsre the diff housings with. If you can fabricate, then anything is possible its just a matter of cost and money. I put all my CVT parts up for sale on FB marketplace, nobody picked up the CVT, not even for free, so I scraped it. I was is in no possition to store a hundred pound paperweight.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

i can get LSD for CVT ;)

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i can get LSD for CVT ;)
Please, do expound on this. Only substance abuse my car partakes in is ethanol... if weren't taking differentials.

I know of an aftermarket helical LSD being sold for the Civic. But it's sold as an upgrade for Si and Non-Si and there's this feel it doesn't apply but doesn't explicitly exclude non-MT.
Sponsored