Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i'd like to suggest this upgrade :

1602180826146.png

1602180853886.png
Not familiar with this specific product from spoon. My guess it changes targeted coolant operating temps?

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes zoom in 1st pic. j's racing have them too.
I wonder how effective it is. My first reaction is that I want to get to operating temps fast as this is a daily, but when I'm overheating on track/canyons the thermostat is already fully open so I don't see why this would help. I know I could probably google this, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wonder how effective it is. My first reaction is that I want to get to operating temps fast as this is a daily, but when I'm overheating on track/canyons the thermostat is already fully open so I don't see why this would help. I know I could probably google this, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.
very effective, cools down real quick too. i'm on koyorad.
i'm about to do the same thing you did. grats ! & i'm looking fwd to some headaches maybe haha.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
very effective, cools down real quick too. i'm on koyorad.
i'm about to do the same thing you did. grats ! & i'm looking fwd to some headaches maybe haha.
Ill have to run some testing during my next track season in that case.

Yeah you were telling me. If you have issues post them here or in a separate forum so that others can refrence our solutions if needed. Good luck!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The standard is that the thermostat opens at 78 +-2 C (172.5 F) and is fully open at 90 C (194 F). So if you are getting over 194 F for prolonged periods, the thermostat opening earlier can only delay it a bit, but can't prevent it.
But it could decrease spikes of temperature lasting only a short time.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The standard is that the thermostat opens at 78 +-2 C (172.5 F) and is fully open at 90 C (194 F). So if you are getting over 194 F for prolonged periods, the thermostat opening earlier can only delay it a bit, but can't prevent it.
Yeah, this feels like a band-aid solution more than anything. Maybe Im just being cheap. Cooling honestly hasnt been an issue for my stock radiator. The ethanol mix I use does a good job. Its just that with the CVT I was bottlnecked by either my brake heat dissapation or tranny temps. Now with upgraded brakes and an MT that I havnt heard of overheating too bad, ill just have to wait and see what cooling issues I might have. As Whp and wtq are tuned up I can see the radiator being an issue, as well as airflow. Hopefully my grill/vented hood combo will be sufficient for now. Also already in the process of installing an oil cooler with pressure and temp sensors to monitor.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
something is better than nothing keeping it cool before it gets too hot, it does gives better endurance by delaying it but cools down much faster too. tested for normal DD, spirited driving & up/downhill drives. another handy tip is by changing the front grill that allows more air to flow in too. overall my ECT temps are around 10 deg C lower in various driving conditions.
maybe cvt will be warmer than 6mt due to cvtf warmer (which cools it down too?) connected to the cooling system ?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first priority rn: make sure the car runs better than before, and clean up all the wiring and touch up all my work.

I'd love to take apart the CVT, so ill do that after.
What I am seeking to know is if the differential parts mentioned here are compatible:
If the LSD from the Si would fit in the CVT, aftermarkets ought to too.

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I don’t think it may fit because your taking a manual transmission differential and shoving it into the cvt’s differential housing, but it still could be possible but not likely.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think it may fit because your taking a manual transmission differential and shoving it into the cvt’s differential housing, but it still could be possible but not likely.

We would need someone who blew their CVT and was aware of parts for a swap to MT to really get a handle on this. Do we know of any such cases? :banghead:

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We would need someone who blew their CVT and was aware of parts for a swap to MT to really get a handle on this. Do we know of any such cases? :banghead:
My CVT is availble for pickup 92683. Pm me. Free!

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If CVT cars use the same axles as MT 1.5T cars, then you more than likely share a diff with the normal 1.5T car, not the Si.

Can always do a part number check on any of the Honda dealer websites.
Sponsored