Thelost5

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic lx
Country flag
Hi there, idk why I’ve been zoning in on the CVT and the delay after selecting reverse or drive, it feels like there is a 1 sec delay before it engages and I feel a tiny nudge. Sometimes it’s smooth as silk. Do you guys experience this or do I need to see the dealer? Never had a CVT before? Thanks!
Sponsored

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The delay or some call it CVT lag is totally normal. When I had the car at the beginning, it felt unbearable for me coming from a manual transmission. I've got used to it and don't floor it often anyway.

I'm assume you already know, but just to be sure: in S the car is more responsive than in D.

I think the improved throttle response is one of the reasons why so many CVT people here using Hondata or KTuner.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Thelost5

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic lx
Country flag
Thanks guys for the reassurance. I was like fml the car is brand new! Haha. I guess I have to learn how to live with the lag coming from regular automatics.

nabil114

First Name
Rezaur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have the same issue. I also have noise (creaking or squeaking) from the front when reversing as I am turning the wheel. It goes away when the car gets warm. It does not happen moving ahead.
Sponsored