DustOne

First Name
Dust
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Wanted to get recent opinions and thoughts on custom tune torque limits of CVT. I have a 2020 Hatchback Sport CVT currently with Injen CAI/performance exhaust on Hondata base tune using 93 octane. PRL 3" catted downpipe is on its way and the shop I had the other work done wants to do a custom tune. What torque limits could this be custom tuned without ruining the CVT? I am new to this so go easy on me, haha!
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted to get recent opinions and thoughts on custom tune torque limits of CVT. I have a 2020 Hatchback Sport CVT currently with Injen CAI/performance exhaust on Hondata base tune using 93 octane. PRL 3" catted downpipe is on its way and the shop I had the other work done wants to do a custom tune. What torque limits could this be custom tuned without ruining the CVT? I am new to this so go easy on me, haha!
I'm no expert, but as a CVT owner with a catted DP, intake and exhaust and an OTS tune, I have been doing lots of searching and most people stay around 250wtq with the CVT. It is more important to shift powerband to the right so you don't push too much boost at low RPM. In fact, upgrading your turbo will shift to the right a good amount, I know the w1 turbo is much better higher in the rev range which is safer for CVT.

I don't have much more to offer than that but I'm sure some of the "gurus" here who run the crap out of their CVT's would be able to offer more information!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
No offence but if the shop that wants to tune your car is asking you what the safe limits are, you may want to consider utilizing another tuner. It is too easy to work with an expert on this platform, even if remotely, to risk using someone that may not know what they are doing. CVTs and L15s aren't cheap. :)

OP
OP
DustOne

DustOne

First Name
Dust
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
No offence but if the shop that wants to tune your car is asking you what the safe limits are, you may want to consider utilizing another tuner. It is too easy to work with an expert on this platform, even if remotely, to risk using someone that may not know what they are doing. CVTs and L15s aren't cheap. :)
The shop is not asking for limits, I am asking for my own knowledge. I am hoping to get an idea of what kinda torque/hp I can get before they install the downpipe and custom tune.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Ditch the Injen intake first and replace it with either 27won or PRL Cobra CAI. Injen intakes are known to make your fuel trim go wacko which is bad for the engine on the long run.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Ditch the Injen intake first and replace it with either 27won or PRL Cobra CAI. Injen intakes are known to make your fuel trim go wacko which is bad for the engine on the long run.
If it's getting custom tuning, any trim issues would be corrected.
Sponsored