CVT cooler....

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
So no tests on how much lower the temperature is with this @PRL Motorsports ? I've poked around here and haven't seen anything .
Also seems like this stock function of the oem part is needed in climates that get down below zero. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong ?

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a link of an example of what may be expected of before and after temperatures of a cvt cooler installed. I know it is not the Civic but until someone pulls that info, something to go on is better than nothing.

Subaru Crosstrek CVT Cooler

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just received this in the mail yesterday. You folks that have ordered it may be getting yours sooner or later. Everything was wrapped very well in the package. I opted to wait for the CVT cooler to be 'anodized?' first before having it shipped to me. PRL gave me the option to do this in case I wanted it sooner than later. No installation instructions included from what I can see (Will check again) so if there is an install guide online, make sure to read it or give a copy of one to your installer.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT cooler.... giant

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
MYX.... do you live somewhere where it gets cold? Just curious how this will work out without the stock heater.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MYX.... do you live somewhere where it gets cold? Just curious how this will work out without the stock heater.
I live in the Northeast U.S. Not cold all year round about it can get to as low as -15F or so in the winter. I've looked at other vehicles that have CVT coolers (Ex: Subarus which are dear to my heart) and haven't read anything negative about them in colder areas. Yet anyways! Worst come to worse, I can drive my Subarus or my Rav4. I can't recommend this mod to anyone but since I have been driving this CVT pretty hard at the dragstrip, be it only in short bursts, I want to preserve the CVT as much as possible. Especially when I plan on bracket racing (drag racing) during the hottest summer months (Post 100F).

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Cool, thanks. Will be curious to see how it works out for you. I am interested in this as well but worried about losing the heater.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I live in the Northeast U.S. Not cold all year round about it can get to as low as -15F or so in the winter. I've looked at other vehicles that have CVT coolers (Ex: Subarus which are dear to my heart) and haven't read anything negative about them in colder areas. Yet anyways! Worst come to worse, I can drive my Subarus or my Rav4. I can't recommend this mod to anyone but since I have been driving this CVT pretty hard at the dragstrip, be it only in short bursts, I want to preserve the CVT as much as possible. Especially when I plan on bracket racing (drag racing) during the hottest summer months (Post 100F).
Hey, its been a while now, what are your thoughts and reviews on the cooler? I've been trying to decide on getting one, I live in an 100 degree + area of California and thought it'd be good to have for summers.

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was there any noticeable MPG changes? I live in the desert where we'll reach 3 digits consistently, however our winters drop to freezing temps mid November to late February. Just wondering if installing the CVT cooler may then cause extra work for the warmer during the cold months?

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never installed mine. Still in garage! I'm slow with some modifications. Fast with others.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
so here's a question, wouldn't the factory warmer, once the transmission is warmed up, act as a CVT cooler as the CVT most likely runs hotter than 195 degrees which is where the cooling system opens up and cools the coolant. So in effect, wouldn't the warmer, act as a cooler once the engine temp stops rising and the CVT temps keep rising? Or am I not getting how the warmer works? Is there a thermostat that closes the coolant flow once the CVT is warmed up?
Sponsored