CVT Cold Shift Slow

mikeshin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi all,

I've had my Civic Touring 16 for about three weeks now (used with 25k kms). I've noticed that when I start the car first thing in the morning to come out of my parking spot and put in reverse, it seems to take a couple seconds to engage. Putting it into drive from reverse is even worse, you can feel the delay is greater than any other cars I've owned.

Is everyone else's unit like mine, or does mine seem significantly slower than other's?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikeshin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring
Country flag
It takes a bit to build pressure. You're not suppose to start your car and immediately start driving when it's cold anyway. Whats everyone's rush these days? It's like that 30-45 seconds is gonna make or break their day.
Thanks for your input. I always warm my car up at least a minute before I start driving away, and I realize that it takes time to build pressure in the tranny lines, however I was just pointing out the fact that it takes longer than automatic trannys I have driven in the past. I am assuming that your tranny behaves the same as mine given your input!

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It takes a bit to build pressure. You're not suppose to start your car and immediately start driving when it's cold anyway. Whats everyone's rush these days? It's like that 30-45 seconds is gonna make or break their day.
I use remote start nearly every single day for at least 2-3 mins before i walk out of my house to the car to avoid this issue, and it still does what the OP is complaining about.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's just a matter of components and fluids being cold. It's normal. Most cars I've driven did this to some extent in colder weather.
Sponsored