max_ellis74

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Country flag
How would I do a manual swap on a l15b7 that’s tuned by Honda with a cvt. How would the car know what gear I’m in? What I meant tuned by Honda is the shifts and all that came oem.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes, if you have to ask... ;)

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How would I do a manual swap on a l15b7 that’s tuned by Honda with a cvt. How would the car know what gear I’m in? What I meant tuned by Honda is the shifts and all that came oem.
The general consensus is that the price + labor is not worth it, in every case it's cheaper and easier to just trade for a manual.
If you're very set on it, you would have to swap the computer, encode the ECM to the vehicle, and get it to communicate with the other computer models (BCM, etc.)
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/cvt-destroyed-at-45k-looking-to-mt-swap.51539/page-3
Starting on page 3, this user started posting his work towards getting this done. Clearly, this user is very familiar with cars and knows his shit well enough to get it done, and it wasn't all that cheap either, with his initial estimate for the price being around $4,500 (not counting any labor).

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
need trans, intermediate shaft, driver axle, trans/body harness, shifter assembly, cables, ecu, new bcm to program same vin as doner ecu (vin mismatch will prevent engine from starting), gauge cluster, clutch pedal, mt brake pedal (smaller), dashboard harness and some other things I may be forgetting, but its pricy.

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be way easier and cheaper to just sell and get a manual civic
Sponsored