Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
The 6 speed MT on the Civic is just fantastic ! I personally don't like the feeling of a CVT feels like something really weird between the driver and the engine :oops:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Get a type R instead ?
I've considered it but they're asking way too much price for the type r , plus I've got an excellent deal on a 2020 240i xdrive with only 5k miles and also it'll be a better daily driver FOR ME because it snows like crazy here in Winnipeg and when I test drove it oh men the straight line acceleration blows my civic out of the water easy.

OP
OP

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
The 6 speed MT on the Civic is just fantastic ! I personally don't like the feeling of a CVT feels like something really weird between the driver and the engine :oops:
True

OP
OP

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
So the car was parked. It sat for a while. You get back in to drive it and no gear works? No error on the dash?
U know what's crazy is that when I'm stepping on the car thats when I'd expecting it to blow but it never did anything weird except high kc but when it blow it was on my way to work driving normal and I came to a complete stop and when I try to accelerate it give a big jolt like when u slam the brake really hard and I press the acceleration again and the cars not moving but the rpm keeps moving. And that was it

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
I've considered it but they're asking way too much price for the type r , plus I've got an excellent deal on a 2020 240i xdrive with only 5k miles and also it'll be a better daily driver FOR ME because it snows like crazy here in Winnipeg and when I test drove it oh men the straight line acceleration blows my civic out of the water easy.
2020 240i xdrive is north of $40k, that's Type R money. Also, Type R will keep its value WAY better than any BMW. BMWs are only for leasing.

OP
OP

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
2020 240i xdrive is north of $40k, that's Type R money. Also, Type R will keep its value WAY better than any BMW. BMWs are only for leasing.
I am leasing it lol and I got it for 43k cad

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
lol why would you get a cvt civic if you wanted to race it? it's a fine daily cruiser but never would I pick a cvt civic for racing

OP
OP

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
lol why would you get a cvt civic if you wanted to race it? it's a fine daily cruiser but never would I pick a cvt civic for racing
Because I didn't know crap about cars and didn't really care for performance until after I went to a 10thgen meet, I literally didn't know what a turbo was,all I know was d for drive and r for reverse literally

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
Hi Greg I fully agree with you ! I only bought german cars (VW & Audi & Bmw) when I lived in France (big mistake I know) and I can confirm you that they are not reliable, maintenance is expensive and basically 30% of the price you pay for those cars is the badge :doh: I bought my first Honda here in Canada 4 months ago because I decided to stop being stupid at 50 years old :) I am very very happy with my Civic it is a fantastic fun car to drive and well build ! People who want to buy a German cars should visit an ACURA dealership before ;) Take care all ! Nick

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Classic cvt are not made to hold those power from tunes on this platform. you should buy an manual civic. Its look like stage 1 are the max before going on the dark side of the cvt. Stage 1 with full bolt on it ... you are in the god its hand with the cvt.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Classic cvt are not made to hold those power from tunes on this platform. you should buy an manual civic. Its look like stage 1 are the max before going on the dark side of the cvt. Stage 1 with full bolt on it ... you are in the god its hand with the cvt.
It really boils down to how you drive it. We have a number of guys running high power tunes on their CVT's without issue like Joshua. If you drive it like you did before the tune with bursts here and there like normal, you'll be fine. Constantly push it very hard and be stupid with it and you may have problems. And this is FACT. Check my reliability study/survey/thread.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
where you properly servicing the CVT with routine fluid changes? More Aggressive Driving calls for a decrease in miles between services.

Also dude, ditching Honda for a German Car, you know everyone in the car world is laughing at you right now. Anyone that has been in the car world longer then 5 minutes knows about the reliability of German Cars. Hell I remember when I was a teenager working in a grocery store as a bag boy nearly 20 years ago and the guy driving the BMW told me to never buy one and he went into a story about how it doesn't like the cold and has spent more time in the shop then on the road.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Purpose of this thread was to boast about going German.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.