First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've beat on mine and it is still so smooth. I did fluid at 30k though and will do it again at 60k to ensure everything is up to snuff. As with everyone else I would say this is 100% due to brake launching... There are people on the forum here pushing 300whp on these CVT's long term without issues. Personally... I think this is the best transmission you're going to get in terms of an automatic but also being able to put it in Sport Manual and use the paddle shifters and gain control of the CVT. If you treat them right they hold up very well....
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. Stock to stock though (unless the Si driver has perfect shifts), it would be very close. For as much hate as people give the CVT, it does pretty well in putting down the power.

But, a tuned Si with bolt ons would easily crush a bone stock turbo CVT.
so someone exaggerates or didnt tell the whole story :) Either way, it sucks his CVT is blown but is what it is

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
so someone exaggerates or didnt tell the whole story :) Either way, it sucks his CVT is blown but is what it is
Just got clearance that I can speak on what happened from my legal advisor.
Dealer drove my vehicle at WOT 3 times after it was towed,all codes(CEL emissions VSA etc..) came up. They thought it was the wheel bearing. Its wasn't. They suggested it may be my turbo, so they inspect it. Turns out to be FOD from the Intake Washer and bolt that the previous dealer broke off. While removing the turbocharger, the bolt and washer fell out.The symptoms I described were actually from the bolt being inside the turbocharger, resulting in power loss. not from my Transmission stuttering. The previous dealer is being forced to pay for my replacements by corporate. Heres a photo of the damage

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT blew out. (Edit: Turbo damage) IMG_20210108_053233_127

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT blew out. (Edit: Turbo damage) IMG_20210108_053233_140

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm here trying to figure out how a "non tuned" sport cvt barely lost to a bolt on tuned Si. Thats like a 60ish hp difference.
He probably miss shifted hes terrible at stick shift lol. Also he has 1.5 inch exhaust (he likes the sound) so I have no clue how that effects his performance.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So your cvt is fine then?
Yes it was deemed to be FOD on the turbo and not CVT damage by both Corporate and The current dealer its at. The previous dealer did not want to pay for repairs so I had to get a legal advisor. Now they are paying directly for the turbo and any other damage that may result from it.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
I drive this thing hard,been up to top speed, I've done about 2 brake launches in sport mode, 1 was against a SI with downpipe &front pipe/ CAI and tune, i barely lost.
Besides that I very often put it in sport manual and hit the twisties, its a fun lil car?. Today when pulling out of my sloped driveway I hear a very AWFUL grinding/clunking sound. I get to driving on the freeway, and my CVT starts shuddering like crazy. I get off at the next exit, take a right and hear it do it again

I try a WOT pull, i have poor accel, my CVT sounds like something metal is grinding inside/broke inside it.

I drive home, here i am waiting on the tow truck. I've got a 100k mile warranty + Extended CPO warranty. Should honda Cover me for This? As I said im completely stock, except res delete. At my 30k mile service Scott Robinson Honda over torqued my air lid box, and they refused to replace my CVT fluid because I bought it 6k miles before and they did all fluids. (BTW don't go there they are awful, also 10k Type r Markeup.) Could/should I use this against honda to help my case? I have videos of a Bolt sitting on my cvt trans, and my trans cap spinning like its loose.
Sounds like to brake boosted it too much. You'll probs get a replacement, if they can't prove that you broke it. Wether you deserve it or not is still up for question. Also, be honest, unless that Si couldn't drive, it shoudve killed you. Those mods are at least a 60hp 80tq difference.

Edit: I saw it was your turbo after posting this, good luck with legal proceedings.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got clearance that I can speak on what happened from my legal advisor.
Dealer drove my vehicle at WOT 3 times after it was towed,all codes(CEL emissions VSA etc..) came up. They thought it was the wheel bearing. Its wasn't. They suggested it may be my turbo, so they inspect it. Turns out to be FOD from the Intake Washer and bolt that the previous dealer broke off. While removing the turbocharger, the bolt and washer fell out.The symptoms I described were actually from the bolt being inside the turbocharger, resulting in power loss. not from my Transmission stuttering. The previous dealer is being forced to pay for my replacements by corporate. Heres a photo of the damage

IMG_20210108_053233_127.jpg

IMG_20210108_053233_140.jpg
To further add onto this the dealer only Topped of my oil & coolant when they replaced the turbo. They didn't clean the intercooler, IC piping, oil pan, oil feed line of metal or drain and replace oil. Im very upset with how they treat our vehicles so I am now performing ALL services personally. Now Ive gotta do CVT fluid , oil, air filter, because Scott Robinson Honda of Torrance refused to do my CVT and air box and the new dealer literally just topped of my fluids, replaced the turbo assembly, and sent me off. Im concerned for the longevity of my vehicle, these dealers have neglected it ever since I bought it. Not to mention giving me car washes that put scratches in my paint( I'm a detailer, this gets extremely annoying when I have to polish my paint every time). Just picked up some STP full synthetic , air filter, and some wheel ramps. Cant wait to see hoe much metal is in my oil.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Cant wait to see hoe much metal is in my oil.
Probably not so much in the oil, but the disintegrated wheel pieces were sucked through the motor for sure. Might be some stuff in the cat.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd be more concerned with valves
Was experiencing power loss last night & this morning. Last night Tank was on half so I filled it up incase it was the fuel pump, and let the engine cool for 5 mins with hood open incase heat soak was occurring. Took it back home and still had a loss of power. Boutta raise hell w the dealership and advise my legal team. Very disappointed with the quality of service I've been provided and with the fact that nothing was replaced or cleaned but the turbine assembly.
Sponsored