First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
Hello everyone.

The other day I got some relatively decent times on my draggy so was wondering how everyone who was tuned and had a CVT was getting. I'm tuned by Drob on e30 and have a PRL cobra w race maf and prl dp/fp, Chinese IC with stock charge pipes. To my surprise I got a 13.6 on the street. While this is by no means a super impressive time I was looking at some times posted by people with upgraded turbos running slower times than me. Hence the curiosity. I've attached my draggy slips for reference. It would be great to see what the rest of you are getting. Cheers!

Ali

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT 1/4 times? WhatsApp Image 2021-03-24 at 1.00.16 PM (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT 1/4 times? WhatsApp Image 2021-03-24 at 1.00.16 PM

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty good 0-100 and 1/4 mile times. What are your tires and have you done it in S oder D?

You could use the video-function of the Draggy app next time and upload it to YouTube or somewhere else. That would be cool, I'm very curious to see a video from that. Maybe you can mount your phone to the passenger headrest.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Also curious what mode you're in and how did you launch it? Did you rev before launching?

I have everything you have except for on 93 and my best time is 14.1

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Let's hope he wasn't brake launching it for his CVT's sake.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Let's hope he wasn't brake launching it for his CVT's sake.
Why? Myx brake launches his for the last couple years and his hasn't blown. I haven't done it because I'm not a drag racer and don't need the risk on my daily, but I'm curious where the info has come from that it's a bad thing

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the info. It's sad getting much slower times than the people in the 1/4 thread, but at least I know my daily is safe not doing that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. It's sad getting much slower times than the people in the 1/4 thread, but at least I know my daily is safe not doing that.
So, I've been tuned longer than most and knock on wood, so far so good. But the thing is, I don't worry too much about numbers. The only time I checked my time was seeing a 5.7 sec 0-60 way back when I was base tuned... using a stopwatch. lol

I'm happy just knowing my car is quick enough to put a smile on my face and to sometimes embarrass more expensive cars on the road.

But I'm older now too. Back in the day, I'd keep a stopwatch in my glove box and time myself in the 1/4 every day in my old Trans Am.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
So, I've been tuned longer than most and knock on wood, so far so good. But the thing is, I don't worry too much about numbers. The only time I checked my time was seeing a 5.7 sec 0-60 way back when I was base tuned... using a stopwatch. lol

I'm happy just knowing my car is quick enough to put a smile on my face and to sometimes embarrass more expensive cars on the road.

But I'm older now too. Back in the day, I'd keep a stopwatch in my glove box and time myself in the 1/4 every day in my old Trans Am.
Same here. My main goal is auto x but a friend borrowed me his dragy and that got my fire burning a little.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Something to keep in mind about measuring times. You can't really exactly compare your car to another car.

Times vary due to so many things. For example ambient temps and humidity. Road surface, incline, wind, tire inflation. Even comparing the same car with two different drivers...one skinny, one fat could skew things.

All of the above is why I'm more concerned about smile factor and not 1/4 mile times.

I also think some people get so wrapped up in numbers that even though they love their car they wonder "why am I a few tenths slower than that guy". And they drive themselves crazy.

I'm in the camp that says "I'm driving a Civic EX-L sedan and I just embarrassed a guy in an Si in a highway duel". That works for me.

Last edited:

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yeah I have upgraded turbo and it seems it isn't enough to reel in the smaller turbo before the 1/4 mile ends, the smaller turbo jump off the line faster but with all my upgrades I thought 100% I would reel him in at least by half the 1/4 mile but it never happened.
A lot of it is launch with the cvt. There's so many different methods. Like appearsntly easing into the gas is faster than just slamming it down. Then there's the 2 step method. There is brake launching (not recomended by most people). That a lot of it can come down to the driver in a head to head situation. Plus tires/wheel size.

Myx will beat most of our modded cars in a stock car just because he's a better driver.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
To be honest these cars are great roll racing cars but terrible drag cars.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Myx will beat most of our modded cars in a stock car just because he's a better driver.
I'm fairly sure Myx won't beat my Phearable tuned car in a bone stock Civic. Just saying. ;)

I'm not saying Myx isn't an amazing driver but a lot of his low track times are due to the mods he's done. For example, his tiny, light 15" wheels that create a lot less unsprung weight and lower gearing.

And sure there are some techniques that can help but how bad can anyone actually be at driving a CVT?

Having driven manuals for nearly three decades, I can tell you driving this CVT is pretty easy, basic and limited in terms of driver control compared to a three pedal setup.

Last edited:

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I'm fairly sure Myx won't beat my Phearable tuned car in a bone stock Civic. Just saying. ;)

I'm not saying Myx isn't an amazing driver but a lot of his low track times are due to the mods he's done. For example, his tiny, light 15" wheels that create a lot less unsprung weight and lower gearing.

And sure there are some techniques that can help but how bad can anyone actually be at driving a CVT?

Having driven manuals for nearly three decades, I can tell you driving this CVT is pretty easy, basic and limited in terms of driver control compared to a three pedal setup.
Idk there's gotta be something to it. I pull 2.44 60fts and other people with the exact same mods or even less are pulling 2.0s and 2.1s. there's gotta be something to launching this thing because mine sits for a solid chunk of time between 2-3k before it actually decides to wake up and do something. I'm sure brake launching is way faster if you're not worried about potentially breaking something.

And if you take reaction times into account, he might surprise you. His are crazy low and the phearable is good but it's not like it turns out little economy box into a racecar.
Sponsored