CV axle noise?

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
Recently bought an 18 civiv when turning both directions I hear the odd clack clack clunk sound. Boots aren't torn.
Sponsored

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Recently bought an 18 civiv when turning both directions I hear the odd clack clack clunk sound. Boots aren't torn.
Hi, please refer to the CV joint/driveshaft issues thread. Your CV Joint has gone bad prematurely.

OP
OP

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
Hi, please refer to the CV joint/driveshaft issues thread. Your CV Joint has gone bad prematurely.
When I brought it up to the dealer, they said it was fine. They sold me the car like that and my powertrain warranty is done.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I brought it up to the dealer, they said it was fine. They sold me the car like that and my powertrain warranty is done.
I'm sorry about that. Dealerships suck. It's not a very expensive fix and you can do it yourself with around $200 USD and a loaner tools from any major car parts store.

OP
OP

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
I'm sorry about that. Dealerships suck. It's not a very expensive fix and you can do it yourself with around $200 USD and a loaner tools from any major car parts store.

Most of the part stores I called here didn't have it. Including napa, carquest. I did find a place that could get me both for about $230+tax with a 1 year warranty. I've heard plenty of bad things about aftermarket axles but dealer is $420 a piece. Might consider sending them to a rebuilder

OP
OP

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
Maybe the noise for the Bad CV Axle. I've had faced the same noise.
If the noise goes away when you press on the brakes, it may be from wear/looseness in the suspension or steering components. The forces of braking will be applied to joints and bushings, like ball joints and tierod ends, etc, and stop the noise.
https://cararac.com/blog/bad-cv-axle-symptoms.html

When I changed them the noise went away
Sponsored