Custom Tuners with IC/Intake/Exhaust mods

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Looking to get some feedback from others who may have similar setups as I do and custom tuned. Can you tell me what your fuel trims are after completing a custom tune? If possible, as close to possible of just having intercooler, intake and exhaust only as your performance bolt ons.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm pretty sure fuel trims go off of what the MAF sensor at the air intake reads. You generally don't want to be above or below -4/4% compared to the stock intake with short term fuel trim. Some intakes may need afm corrections. The PRL HVI I have is very close and no modification needs to be selected in hondata. I had a mishimoto before and that one was pretty close as well. There was a mod for it though, but it didn't really change anything.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I'm pretty sure fuel trims go off of what the MAF sensor at the air intake reads. You generally don't want to be above or below -4/4% compared to the stock intake with short term fuel trim. Some intakes may need afm corrections. The PRL HVI I have is very close and no modification needs to be selected in hondata. I had a mishimoto before and that one was pretty close as well. There was a mod for it though, but it didn't really change anything.
Ive had to touch my AFM a tiny bit with the PRL.
Sponsored