Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
I reduced my torque from 600 to 580 and my air charge in ethanol a little bit more across the power band from 4k to 7k just gotta datalog it and see if it's a little happier now
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I reduced my torque from 600 to 580 and my air charge in ethanol a little bit more across the power band from 4k to 7k just gotta datalog it and see if it's a little happier now
Don't use the torque table that is 600 across the board in a single row. It's a ceiling for torque targets regardless of drive mode or gear. Not really sure why it's there, but it is. It's set to 600 across the board unlike stock so it never actually comes into play.

You have to change the torque request maps comfort, sport, R 1-6th gear.

Also, you can upload the datalog to the forum by just zipping it first.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Don't use the torque table that is 600 across the board in a single row. It's a ceiling for torque targets regardless of drive mode or gear. Not really sure why it's there, but it is. It's set to 600 across the board unlike stock so it never actually comes into play.
^this shouldn't be touched.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
your dropping 100 bars of fuel pressure, injector duration hitting almost 12ms being asked to provide more fuel than it can flow...
i would definitely tone this down.

adjust the boost by ethanol limit tables and adjust the throttle tabs. (dont adjust the torque tab)

or better yet, if you are custom tuned you can't show the log to your tuner and have him make it less aggressive?

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont think hell do revisions for free since he will wanna hook it upto the dyno again when I can just tone it down myself besides I wanna learn how to do this anyway so I dont have to constantly contact a tuner

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I dont think hell do revisions for free since he will wanna hook it upto the dyno again when I can just tone it down myself besides I wanna learn how to do this anyway so I dont have to constantly contact a tuner
If your tune isn't working, he should be revising it for free. This isn't a 'oh i dont like the power coming on that quick' kind of situation. Your car is throwing codes on the tune, therefor the tune is bad. Even if it wasn't CELing, from what boosted says, its a bad tune. Boosted has seen more datalogs than most.

If they won't retune you after this, dyno or not, they're a scummy tuner. They gave you a broken product.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
most tuners should be able to make minor revisions just by looking at the log without having to strap it up to a dyno again.

either way, PMed you.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
At 30% ethanol it hit limp mode first time I punched it in 4th gear and hit redline at which point it triggered the code and once I dropped the content to 27% it didnt do it again I've been experimenting since this is my first flex fuel car.

On the dyno I made 388hp and 424lbft and th graph was very smooth except the normal dip in pressure at about 4k that I've been seeing from all dyno graphs and the afr uptop is good and safe from what I've seen it isnt leaning out thankfully

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Any tuner that does that is an asshole. I'm not just paying you to tune it, I'm paying you for the full, unlocked tuning file on my vehicle.
Yet, you list one of my locked files on your car. :p

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well after contacting ericks racing they wanna charge me more money to figure out why its hitting limp mode.
Yet I'm pretty certain it had to do with the air charge after adjusting mine I've gotten it to stop hitting maxing out the pump in 4th gear. Just gotta get 3rd to stop having an a slight stutter and I should be good.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone wants to see the newest datalogs I will post them up as well

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
4th gear limp mode

3rd gear slight stutter

4th gear only 1 spot of 100% fuel duty but doesnt hit limp mode anymore

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well after contacting ericks racing they wanna charge me more money to figure out why its hitting limp mode.
Yet I'm pretty certain it had to do with the air charge after adjusting mine I've gotten it to stop hitting maxing out the pump in 4th gear. Just gotta get 3rd to stop having an a slight stutter and I should be good.
That's outrageous. Oh hey pay us more money to fix what we fucked up.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's kind of why I'm probably just gonna try and figure it out myself especially since they didnt put a place holder tune on my flashpro I've been tweaking the tune they did
Sponsored