88_manzo

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sport 6mt
Country flag
Anyone with this tune on their non Si 10th gen? I wanted to get some feed back since I’m about to jump the gun and buying it. I have full Bolt on’s just incase anyone is wondering with a ktuner basemap

Honda Civic 10th gen CUSTOM TUNE 003D029C-B750-4457-87AA-37C9AD4389D8
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
88_manzo

88_manzo

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thank you for the correction I’m a total noob when it comes to tunes and what not
Basemap = tunes that come with your FlashPro/KTuner device

Off the shelf (OTS) = A calibration offered by a vendor as a one-size-fits-all step up from basemaps

Custom = A calibration done by a tuner for your specific car and specific mods

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently running it on my 18 sport hatch cvt. Loving it so far. Despite what everyone else has said about the "streetability" of map 3, I pretty much stay on map 3 and think it's very streetable.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm currently running it on my 18 sport hatch cvt. Loving it so far. Despite what everyone else has said about the "streetability" of map 3, I pretty much stay on map 3 and think it's very streetable.
So you use map 3 the most? I thought it was not a good idea to stay in map 3 too much unless you replaced your stock rods with beefier ones? I sometimes hear people get their rods snapped and transmission failures.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
After the initial 30 minute drive, that the email indicated to do, I switched to map 3 and haven't looked back. I think it's very street friendly too.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you use map 3 the most? I thought it was not a good idea to stay in map 3 too much unless you replaced your stock rods with beefier ones? I sometimes hear people get their rods snapped and transmission failures.
First I've heard of snapping rods from the Phearable map3 tune. Tranny failure, I can imagine if it was constantly being abused. I, however, pretty much take it easy, but I have the extra oomph there if I want/need it. I've also noticed my kcon stay lower and drop faster on map 3 than 2. STFT also seems to stay closer to zero more often than map 2. I know they recommend 93 octane, but unfortunately, 91 octane is the highest available without mixing in 100 octane, so I always expect my kcon to creep up to the .7x range if I get on it a little. They seem to mostly stay below .60-.65 tho

OP
OP
88_manzo

88_manzo

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since I have ktuner v1 what map do you recommending running since I don’t have v2 to choose from the screen.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you get the tunerview app, you can store up to 5 tunes (not maps -- so if you want to store some starter tunes with your own quick adjusts, or purchase multiple OTS tunes).

As far as the different maps, you can switch between the 3 maps (assuming your ECU supports OTF map switching) using the cruise control buttons.

OP
OP
88_manzo

88_manzo

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you get the tunerview app, you can store up to 5 tunes (not maps -- so if you want to store some starter tunes with your own quick adjusts, or purchase multiple OTS tunes).

As far as the different maps, you can switch between the 3 maps (assuming your ECU supports OTF map switching) using the cruise control buttons.
Thank you dude!! I’ll see what I can do. I downloaded the tuner view already and about to purchase the tune. I do have that mini hot wheel’s screen that’s not touchscreen haha

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol same. The tunerview app does me just fine with telemetry and changing the tune if I wanted to. As far as map switching goes, here's how to do it:
  • disable cruise control
  • hold cancel for 2-3 seconds and release
  • your tach will point to 1000, 2000, or 3000 for map 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Use Resume and set to change the map.
  • 2-3 second long press to set the map (your tach will go back to indicating RPM once it sets)
source: http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_map_switching.htm

OP
OP
88_manzo

88_manzo

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol same. The tunerview app does me just fine with telemetry and changing the tune if I wanted to. As far as map switching goes, here's how to do it:
  • disable cruise control
  • hold cancel for 2-3 seconds and release
  • your tach will point to 1000, 2000, or 3000 for map 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Use Resume and set to change the map.
  • 2-3 second long press to set the map (your tach will go back to indicating RPM once it sets)
source: http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_map_switching.htm
Dude I can’t thank you enough for this! I never would of thought you can control it from your steering wheel.
Sponsored