Nick6

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No problem! Yea I’ve heard nothing but good things about drob’s etune. Plus I’ve heard it’s cool dialing in your car because each time he sends back a tune you get to feel the difference from the previous tune each time.

thank you! I went with the PRL FFK, but I did have to drop my oil catch can since they take up the same spot in the engine bay, but I’m going to CNC a custom made bracket at some point to run them both.
FFK is gonna give you probably the most bang for your buck in terms of a power Increase.
you’ll just have to make sure you run an OTS then with FFK tables enabled until you can get your custom tune.
im probably going to do a street tune with a well known tuner here in south Florida.
hey I'm here in south florida too and was looking at either derf or javi tuned since i'm going to be fbo in a week or two. Who are you looking to go with so i can look into them too?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
hey I'm here in south florida too and was looking at either derf or javi tuned since i'm going to be fbo in a week or two. Who are you looking to go with so i can look into them too?
He’s looking into d rob, which would be a remote tune. Derf is also good and local.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Oh nice! Yea originally I was gonna go with derf, but got around to talking to a few people and heard he tends to tune on the little more aggressive side and has blown a few motors with his tunes. Granted, I know that might have more to do with the driver, but I’ve heard really great things about Javi and he’s already agreed to do a street tune for me so I’m gonna go with him. Just have to catch him at the right time because he travels around a lot.

Nick6

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh nice! Yea originally I was gonna go with derf, but got around to talking to a few people and heard he tends to tune on the little more aggressive side and has blown a few motors with his tunes. Granted, I know that might have more to do with the driver, but I’ve heard really great things about Javi and he’s already agreed to do a street tune for me so I’m gonna go with him. Just have to catch him at the right time because he travels around a lot.
Yeah i noticed that Javi travels a lot and was considering possibly doing an E tune with Derek. I've heard amazing reviews about him and his e-tunes so i'll just keep being patient until i can install my dp/fp when it comes in and then figure out where to go from there.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah i noticed that Javi travels a lot and was considering possibly doing an E tune with Derek. I've heard amazing reviews about him and his e-tunes so i'll just keep being patient until i can install my dp/fp when it comes in and then figure out where to go from there.
Yea if it takes me a long time to get a hold of him then I was thinking of going with drob too.
I’ve never had a custom tune so I prefer in person just so I can have that easy dialogue to ask questions about certain things.
but drob would be next best thing.
I also saw there’s a place in pompano called genesis automotive that also tunes a bunch of 10th gen si’s and type r’s as well.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea if it takes me a long time to get a hold of him then I was thinking of going with drob too.
I’ve never had a custom tune so I prefer in person just so I can have that easy dialogue to ask questions about certain things.
I also saw there’s a place in pompano called genesis automotive that also tunes a bunch of 10th gen si’s and type r’s as well.
Yeah genesis does as well, but only on hondata from what I’ve seen. My friend has his FBO si with w1 turbo and e40 done by derf and he’s been happy. I would him or Javi, before Genesis, personally.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah genesis does as well, but only on hondata from what I’ve seen. My friend has his FBO si with w1 turbo and e40 done by derf and he’s been happy. I would him or Javi, before Genesis, personally.
oh yea for sure. I haven’t heard anything about them; didn’t even know they only used hondata.
im gonna go Javi first and if he isn’t available for a while, then I’ll go with drob or derf

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

oh yea for sure. I haven’t heard anything about them; didn’t even know they only used hondata.
im gonna go Javi first and if he isn’t available for a while, then I’ll go with drob or derf
Nice man. Just tell him you want something conservative if you’re worried.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car has been tuned longer then it has been stock. Probably a healthy 10,000 miles with dereks custom tune and absolutely no problems.
I do live a little especially now that the highways are empty here. Got a nice $200 speeding ticket the other day(empty road or so I thought, motorcycle cop under a tree ) but I don’t abuse the car to the degree I see some people doing. No point modding and adding a tune if you don’t push the car and enjoy it sometimes. Not all the time* ?
And Derek has been wonderful to work with. Professional yet approachable. I’m sure he’s rolled his eyes at some of my emails? but he always responds.
And I learn something new everytime.

Is the tune worth it?

being FBO and going from +9psi to the first calibration he gave me I could feel how much smoother the car felt.

it’s worth every cent.
peace of mind knowing all is running as best as it could is priceless.

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead with the PRL Flex Fuel Kit and a custom e-tune from @D-RobIMW. He's very good to work with and is very responsive. His website is https://www.imwtuned.com/store/p4/etune.html

The off-the-shelf tunes for this platform are amazing, but the custom tune I received from DRob is absolutely incredible. The refinement, smoothness, performance, and safety of this tune are on a whole new level. K Con, Fuel Trims, ECT, and IAT stay at extremely safe levels. Cannot recommend a custom tune from @D-RobIMW enough.
Sponsored