PRL Intercooler + Charge Piping
PRL Catted DP + FP
MAPerformance Street Exhaust
Hasport 62A RMM
ACT Organic Sprung Clutch and pressure plate w/ 17 pound single mass flywheel
High-flow mesh grill
Acuity Short Shifter and Cable Bushings
TSP Stage 1

I am considering adding PRL Flex Fuel Kit, and was wondering if TSP Stage 2 is acceptable for this setup or if I need to get a custom tune to safely and effectively run this setup?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Hey guys, I drive a 2019 Si with the following mods:
PRL Cobra RACE CAI
PRL Catted DP + FP
Hasport 62A RMM
High-flow mesh grill
TSP Stage 1

I am considering adding PRL Flex Fuel Kit, and was wondering if TSP Stage 2 is acceptable for this setup or if I need to get a custom tune to safely and effectively run this setup?

Thanks in advance.
You have everything needed to make the most out of TSP stage 2, or a custom tune with flex fuel

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly no way I'd use an off the shelf tune for your setup. Have Derek give you a custom e-tune.

It's well worth the extra $$ especially considering the investment you've already made in performance mods. May as well fine tune things for your setup.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I drive a 2019 Si with the following mods:
PRL Cobra RACE CAI
PRL Catted DP + FP
Hasport 62A RMM
High-flow mesh grill
TSP Stage 1

Thanks in advance.
Your build is very similar to what most people use TSP Stage 2 with from what I have seen. Mainstream, quality bolt on parts. I think it would be a great option for you, however, custom is always best if you don't mind spending the extra $380.

What is the best way to contact him directly?

Thanks!
This is his website: https://www.imwtuned.com/store/p4/etune.html

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's well worth the extra $$ especially considering the investment you've already made in performance mods. May as well fine tune things for your setup.
I agree. This is probably the last engine mod I will make to this car, so it's probably worth getting it fine-tuned for the long run. Especially since this is my daily, and I need it to last as long as possible. I'm hoping the flex fuel can be reliable with a custom tune from Derek.

Your build is very similar to what most people use TSP Stage 2 with from what I have seen. Mainstream, quality bolt on parts. I think it would be a great option for you, however, custom is always best if you don't mind spending the extra $380.

This is his website: https://www.imwtuned.com/store/p4/etune.html
It's good to hear that others are running a similar setup reliably with the off-the-shelf tune. That price jump is pretty epic, so hopefully the juice is worth the squeeze. Reliability and peace of mind would be worth the extra, for sure.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Yea a custom tune is going to beat an OTS tune 10/10 times since the tune will be tailored to your exact setup and driving style.

I have FBO with FFK and 27won W1 turbo, but I just got the ACT clutch installed and only have like 100 miles of break-in so far. Once it’s fully broken in I’m going to go a custom tune.

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea a custom tune is going to beat an OTS tune 10/10 times since the tune will be tailored to your exact setup and driving style.

I have FBO with FFK and 27won W1 turbo, but I just got the ACT clutch installed and only have like 100 miles of break-in so far. Once it’s fully broken in I’m going to go a custom tune.
Awesome, thanks for the input. Based on what you all have said, I think I will definitely go with the custom eTune from DRob. And I decided I will go with the PRL Flex Fuel upgrade

Nice build! Hmm I hadn't considered upgrading the FKK until now... I'm wondering if that would be worthwhile for me since I'm getting the flex fuel. Which FFK did you go with?

EDIT: Lol just realized I had a major brain fart. When you said "FFK" I didn't realize it meant Flex Fuel Kit and I thought it meant Fuel Feedline Kit (after a quick Google search), which brought me to MAPerformance who had Fuel Feedline Kit for sale.

Last edited:

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for the input. Based on what you all have said, I think I will definitely go with the custom eTune from DRob. And I decided I will go with the PRL Flex Fuel upgrade

Nice build! Hmm I hadn't considered upgrading the FKK until now... I'm wondering if that would be worthwhile for me since I'm getting the flex fuel. Which FFK did you go with?
No problem! Yea I’ve heard nothing but good things about drob’s etune. Plus I’ve heard it’s cool dialing in your car because each time he sends back a tune you get to feel the difference from the previous tune each time.

thank you! I went with the PRL FFK, but I did have to drop my oil catch can since they take up the same spot in the engine bay, but I’m going to CNC a custom made bracket at some point to run them both.
FFK is gonna give you probably the most bang for your buck in terms of a power Increase.
you’ll just have to make sure you run an OTS then with FFK tables enabled until you can get your custom tune.
im probably going to do a street tune with a well known tuner here in south Florida.

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem! Yea I’ve heard nothing but good things about drob’s etune. Plus I’ve heard it’s cool dialing in your car because each time he sends back a tune you get to feel the difference from the previous tune each time.

thank you! I went with the PRL FFK, but I did have to drop my oil catch can since they take up the same spot in the engine bay, but I’m going to CNC a custom made bracket at some point to run them both.
FFK is gonna give you probably the most bang for your buck in terms of a power Increase.
you’ll just have to make sure you run an OTS then with FFK tables enabled until you can get your custom tune.
im probably going to do a street tune with a well known tuner here in south Florida.
That a good point -- it'll be really cool to feel the progress each time! Yeah, drob seems to be the go-to guy for e-tuning on these 10th gens.

I didn't know PRL offered an FFK. The only thing I can find on their website is the port injection kit. What is the part # for their FFK? Thanks for the tip -- if I go FKK, I'll make sure to enable the FFK tables until the custom tune.

EDIT: Lol just realized I had a major brain fart. When you said "FFK" I didn't realize it meant Flex Fuel Kit and I thought it meant Fuel Feedline Kit (after a quick Google search), which brought me to MAPerformance who had Fuel Feedline Kit for sale.

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
That a good point -- it'll be really cool to feel the progress each time! Yeah, drob seems to be the go-to guy for e-tuning on these 10th gens.

I didn't know PRL offered an FFK. The only thing I can find on their website is the port injection kit. What is the part # for their FFK? Thanks for the tip -- if I go FKK, I'll make sure to enable the FFK tables until the custom tune.
The PRL flex fuel kit is our favorite option for this platform, part number: PRL-HC10-FF

We have managed to order enough of them from PRL to keep them in stock and we have it listed here:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...-play-flex-fuel-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t

We have a bundle options that allows you to saved on the Stage 2 tune if that interests you or we do also (separately) offer custom e-tuning by Derek himself. :thumbsup:

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Link to prl website - https://prlmotorsports.com/201615tplugnplayflexfuelkit.aspx

Looks like they are out of stock soyour best bet might be to just grab it from TSP. I think they are always out of stock because their distributors get them first lol

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Link to prl website - https://prlmotorsports.com/201615tplugnplayflexfuelkit.aspx

Looks like they are out of stock soyour best bet might be to just grab it from TSP. I think they are always out of stock because their distributors get them first lol
I can tell you that PRL fills all orders as they are received, whether is be from someone like us that orders 100 units at a time, or an individual that just orders 1. At the end of the day we are both working to get quality products into the hands of the members of the community. :)

OP
OP
olesaintnik

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Lol just realized I had a major brain fart. When you said "FFK" I didn't realize it meant Flex Fuel Kit and I thought it meant Fuel Feedline Kit (after a quick Google search), which brought me to MAPerformance who had Fuel Feedline Kit for sale. So that's why some of my previous comments probably didn't make much sense ?

Yeah PRL Flex Fuel Kit is definitely the one I want to go with :) I ordered it earlier this morning ?

The PRL flex fuel kit is our favorite option for this platform, part number: PRL-HC10-FF

We have managed to order enough of them from PRL to keep them in stock and we have it listed here:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...-play-flex-fuel-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t

We have a bundle options that allows you to saved on the Stage 2 tune if that interests you or we do also (separately) offer custom e-tuning by Derek himself. :thumbsup:
Awesome! That's a great package deal! Thanks! ?

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol just realized I had a major brain fart. When you said "FFK" I didn't realize it meant Flex Fuel Kit and I thought it meant Fuel Feedline Kit (after a quick Google search), which brought me to MAPerformance who had Fuel Feedline Kit for sale. So that's why some of my previous comments probably didn't make much sense ?

Yeah PRL Flex Fuel Kit is definitely the one I want to go with :) I ordered it earlier this morning ?

Awesome! That's a great package deal! Thanks! ?
Ahhhh ok gotcha! Yea I was very confused by some of those comments, but I just went with it hahaha
Sponsored