Alanb97

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda Accord lx
Country flag
So I purchased a PRL catless dp and 27won intercooler. I have a hondata tuner and I am wondering if I can use a base hondata tune for those bolt ons... I want to get a custom tune eventually but will just the hondata be a good enough option for now? I do have a little fun with my car on the weekends as well if that matters
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I purchased a PRL catless dp and 27won intercooler. I have a hondata tuner and I am wondering if I can use a base hondata tune for those bolt ons... I want to get a custom tune eventually but will just the hondata be a good enough option for now? I do have a little fun with my car on the weekends as well if that matters

Hey there! Congrats on your purchase!

I would think you could use the same basemap that states DP and intercooler.

What made you get the 27won IC instead of another brand?

I know someone (Really they only tuned me) Here in FL and they do remote tunes

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Base map will be fine though with the 91 octane maps ignition timing may be a little aggressive so you'll have to keep an eye on any knock retard. AFR may also be a little too lean down low to your liking

OP
OP
Alanb97

Alanb97

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey there! Congrats on your purchase!

I would think you could use the same basemap that states DP and intercooler.

What made you get the 27won IC instead of another brand?

I know someone (Really they only tuned me) Here in FL and they do remote tunes
I went with the 27WON IC because I've only heard good things about them! I do trust remote tunes but I actually want to get a dyno tune first just to see what my car is actually making. But once I get it dynoed I am all for remote tunes!

OP
OP
Alanb97

Alanb97

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Base map will be fine though with the 91 octane maps ignition timing may be a little aggressive so you'll have to keep an eye on any knock retard. AFR may also be a little too lean down low to your liking
Thanks, do you have a custom tune on your R?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, do you have a custom tune on your R?
No, I've just tuned it myself. However when I get a bigger turbo I'll be looking to get a custom tune. As it is currently I could probably get 10 or so HP and be at 390 on 93 with a custom tune. Still going to wait until I'm almost completely done slapping on parts.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I've just tuned it myself. However when I get a bigger turbo I'll be looking to get a custom tune. As it is currently I could probably get 10 or so HP and be at 390 on 93 with a custom tune. Still going to wait until I'm almost completely done slapping on parts.

With a big turbo, you should be able to get north of 400, however, it is important to keep torque lower, I would say sub 390. I was at 409 torque and my tuner brought me down to 384 torque.

I am not on a big turbo, this was a stock turbo that I got 409 torque.

Edit: I would also be careful tuning yourself... granted I do not know your experience level.... but without dynoing the car I would be cautious.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With a big turbo, you should be able to get north of 400, however, it is important to keep torque lower, I would say sub 390. I was at 409 torque and my tuner brought me down to 384 torque.

I am not on a big turbo, this was a stock turbo that I got 409 torque.

Edit: I would also be careful tuning yourself... granted I do not know your experience level.... but without dynoing the car I would be cautious.
Every torque Target under 4k is reduced. 4-5.5k is usually right around basemap values depending on the gear, to not push too hard where the fuel pump is most likely to Max out. Torque curve is shifted way to the right. AFR is tuned off air charge, not RPM and air charge like hondata does. This avoids seeing 20+ psi at 13+ AFR.

Bigger turbo I'm getting isn't even released yet.

As long as you move the torque curve to the right and don't push peak boost between 2-3.5k like how it does stock it'll be alright

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Full race ran 500whp for over a year. Stock block stock clutch. Torque limiting is everything to survival of a stock block. Keeping peak around 4K not below 4K and not over 400ftlbs at the wheel seems to be the right thing so far.
as for original topic any downpipe and intercooler tune using correct octane should be fine for an hondata Ots map.
personally I’m going full race kit with efr turbo once things clear up. I like the larger MAF housing. It allows for a more precise calculation in higher flow conditions.
As far as fuel it’s yet to be seen what 93 can do with sufficient fuel on big turbo. I’d love to see 450 whp 93 only. That might require built motor and ported head though.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full race ran 500whp for over a year. Stock block stock clutch. Torque limiting is everything to survival of a stock block. Keeping peak around 4K not below 4K and not over 400ftlbs at the wheel seems to be the right thing so far.
as for original topic any downpipe and intercooler tune using correct octane should be fine for an hondata Ots map.
personally I’m going full race kit with efr turbo once things clear up. I like the larger MAF housing. It allows for a more precise calculation in higher flow conditions.
As far as fuel it’s yet to be seen what 93 can do with sufficient fuel on big turbo. I’d love to see 450 whp 93 only. That might require built motor and ported head though.

My Hondata DP, FP, IC basemap had me at 345/309

Edit:

Down here in FL I know of a few 430 HP with a bigger turbo on 93 right now. I know of another R doing 493 with a Meth setup down here in FL
Sponsored