JuanG

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
I’m new here, I was just wondering if anyone has, makes, knows of someone that makes custom subwoofer box for either a 10” or 12” sub. Need to have more bass in my civic.

Preferably a custom box that’s the shape of the side of the trunk.
Sponsored

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I’m new here, I was just wondering if anyone has, makes, knows of someone that makes custom subwoofer box for either a 10” or 12” sub. Need to have more bass in my civic.

Preferably a custom box that’s the shape of the side of the trunk.
A few things.
1st..take your car to a local audio shop and ask for a quote..fiber glass or wood. Then stop by 2 other shops to get their price. You will get an average. Ill just tell you straight out..you will be scared of the price. If your not ready to dish out some serious cash for custom encloser, your better off buying an $80.00 or so box and forget about your trunk space. You are going to have to really decide how much your trunk space is worth.
Good luck.

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few things.
1st..take your car to a local audio shop and ask for a quote..fiber glass or wood. Then stop by 2 other shops to get their price. You will het an average. Ill just tell you straight out..you will be scared of the price. If your not ready to dish out some serious cash for custom encloser, your better off buying an $80.00 or box and forget about your trunk space. You are going to have to really decide how much your trunk space is worth.
Good luck.

Weren't you making MDF boxes for trunk wheel wells?

OP
OP
JuanG

JuanG

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
A few things.
1st..take your car to a local audio shop and ask for a quote..fiber glass or wood. Then stop by 2 other shops to get their price. You will het an average. Ill just tell you straight out..you will be scared of the price. If your not ready to dish out some serious cash for custom encloser, your better off buying an $80.00 or box and forget about your trunk space. You are going to have to really decide how much your trunk space is worth.
Good luck.

Already looked around local shops most of them quoted me a range around $250-$500 for fiberglass and that’s just the box.

Most likely I’ll probably DIY and have a local shop run wires and install. I have everything I just need a box and subwoofer.

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Weren't you making MDF boxes for trunk wheel wells?
Yes i did and i dont anymore. Iv had better luck selling the hatchback versions instead of sedans. Just like the thread starter stated..$200 to $500 for just the box. You can buy a ported box with 2 jl audios for $450.00 box and subs. If u dont have money to burn, the $450.00 is the better option and sounds amazing. Not to many sedan owners r willing to pay that amount for just the box alone..perhaps a few and those few have the cash and value their trunk space. Otherwise diy if u have the tools, time and especially patients.

Last edited:

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
No I had the cash and the need for trunk space ?
Supply and demand right! Yea well as long as you are happy with it, thats all that matters. Plus i assume you appreciate that move everytime you open your trunk and see it only to remind you the space it gives you when loading up. Looks awsome bro and much respect to who ever built that.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag