Custom Si Serial Number Plate

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I've been debating what to do in the area that's blank below the shifter. I've seen people wrap the black piece or order the civic si badge from grfxp.com . Wanted to do something different that I haven't seen. So I started off looking over the diagram for the center console for the type r. I realized you can order the serial number plate and other parts. Looked at the price and was like wow. Not cheap, but pulled the trigger anyway to see how it comes from factory. Everything is on it but the numbers. Luckily, the engraving shop I went to was like, we can do this on the back of it. It's a red color but nothing else on the back. After I spent an hour with the guy to figure out how I wanted it. This is how it turned out. Still waiting on my new shift knob to come before installing it. The second picture shows how it comes when you order it. A friend had a rivet kit and gun so didn't have to buy those. The numbers I came up with are 17 for my17 and 1 for first.

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Si Serial Number Plate 20190506_133604

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Si Serial Number Plate 20190506_134112

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Si Serial Number Plate 20190506_134055

MannyP

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been debating what to do in the area that's blank below the shifter. I've seen people wrap the black piece or order the civic si badge from grfxp.com . Wanted to do something different that I haven't seen. So I started off looking over the diagram for the center console for the type r. I realized you can order the serial number plate and other parts. Looked at the price and was like wow. Not cheap, but pulled the trigger anyway to see how it comes from factory. Everything is on it but the numbers. Luckily, the engraving shop I went to was like, we can do this on the back of it. It's a red color but nothing else on the back. After I spent an hour with the guy to figure out how I wanted it. This is how it turned out. Still waiting on my new shift knob to come before installing it. The second picture shows how it comes when you order it. A friend had a rivet kit and gun so didn't have to buy those. The numbers I came up with are 17 for my17 and 1 for first.

20190506_133604.jpg

20190506_134112.jpg

20190506_134055.jpg

If you were to sell these plates I would buy them but first you’d have to fix the Si font. That looks bad man.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Oof, that's bad.

SIs aren't some kind of limited edition. I think this idea is silly. The CTR is barely what I'd consider worthy of a number plate as they are quite high up there by now in their count. The Si definitely doesn't qualify, imo.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah sorry dude, I'm with the others here. The Si logo and CIVIC fonts are very distinctive, and those are really poorly matched. I like the idea of a custom plate there, but I'd start over with something original and not the Type R thing.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback. It was an idea and I see where everyone is coming from. The letters have I think 4 different fonts. The fonts just didn't look good if they were all the same. I guess I could of went different vs type r style. And made it without the serial number. Maybe just a good looking Si font centered in the middle and call it a day.

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback. It was an idea and I see where everyone is coming from. The letters have I think 4 different fonts. The fonts just didn't look good if they were all the same. I guess I could of went different vs type r style. And made it without the serial number. Maybe just a good looking Si font centered in the middle and call it a day.
I really appreciate the effort. If I had a dollar for every time I tried something that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, I would have a Type R. Love the idea, but I would try a different approach. What about
"Si - Sport Injected". Just a thought.

OP
OP
KnoxTn17Si

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I really appreciate the effort. If I had a dollar for every time I tried something that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, I would have a Type R. Love the idea, but I would try a different approach. What about
"Si - Sport Injected". Just a thought.
I like your suggestion. Thanks

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with everybody else on the Si font. I do really like the idea a lot. Much better than a blank space. My idea would be to get the actual Civic and Si font just like on the OEM plate.

I'd personally use the chassis number, which I think is the last 6 digits of the VIN.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This is better

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Si Serial Number Plate 20190428_123638

And if it wasn't just stickers on a metal plate, it would have been perfect