Custom intake

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice looking intake! Glad you enjoy it and it's working out for you.
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Nice looking intake! Glad you enjoy it and it's working out for you.
Thanks man. These forums and members like you have given me some good threads to research and know what to look for. The one thing about these pipes is they do heat soak considerably. So OP should look out for that. I installed the honeycomb grille to help reduce this a decent amount, but it’s not gonna be as effective as a PRL cobra or something similar. These damn cars get so hot.

OP
OP
ChadFK7

ChadFK7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not OP but I decided to test mine, which I haven’t done for awhile so it was a good time.

I found that my STFL and LTFT were typically +6% to +8% at idle.
DB1BD630-4176-4263-81D1-5CE21427461D.jpeg

In driving conditions they never exceeded +14% and that was under heavy throttle. This snap is the closest I could get while my scanner still had the driving data up.
A5E994A5-D76C-4117-8657-B1F414C150D4.jpeg

At cruising speed my trims were dead even. My IAT2 is about 13 degrees over ambient and that’s with my car sitting in the hot driveway all day.
A3158CE1-14E6-47DE-9A59-7CD4348C91A6.jpeg

As the data shows, the intake is keeping fuel trims pretty well within tolerance and keeping internal temps down, confirming these pipes and a quality filter do work.

Full disclosure, I also have aftermarket coil packs as you can see on the first page. This may vary my results.
Thanks for posting this man! Finally got around to a data log. Update: did a 3rd gear WOT pull. Here is the highest the fuel trims got and this log shows at 6k RPM. STFT 3 and LTFT -3.. intake was only 8 degrees over ambient. Pretty damn good if I say so myself. Idling my STFT is about 4 and my LTFT is about -3

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake D8571CDC-F580-458D-8E74-A5B8038535A8

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Thanks for posting this man! Finally got around to a data log. Update: did a 3rd gear WOT pull. Here is the highest the fuel trims got and this log shows at 6k RPM. STFT 3 and LTFT -3.. intake was only 8 degrees over ambient. Pretty damn good if I say so myself. Idling my STFT is about 4 and my LTFT is about -3

D8571CDC-F580-458D-8E74-A5B8038535A8.jpeg
Good to see this! My trims are reasonably different, but I remembered I’m running a little E-85 in the tank. I’m likely really close to 0 on my trims if I run just 93 like I normally do. We can officially close this case as the eBay pipes being perfectly safe.

What I’m looking to do now is improve the heat resistance because I’ve noticed the pipes get heat soaked bad once the car stops moving. I don’t want to wrap them, so I’m looking into thermal barrier coating. I for sure want to get an intercooler too. That also heat soaks and limits the effectiveness of any CAI.

OP
OP
ChadFK7

ChadFK7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to see this! My trims are reasonably different, but I remembered I’m running a little E-85 in the tank. I’m likely really close to 0 on my trims if I run just 93 like I normally do. We can officially close this case as the eBay pipes being perfectly safe.

What I’m looking to do now is improve the heat resistance because I’ve noticed the pipes get heat soaked bad once the car stops moving. I don’t want to wrap them, so I’m looking into thermal barrier coating. I for sure want to get an intercooler too. That also heat soaks and limits the effectiveness of any CAI.
Yeah I agree. I only drive the car about 200 miles a month now so I don’t really get to experience the new intake. But thought I needed to shut some ignorant people up on the forums lol. I drove 50 miles yesterday in traffic and in boost a lot on the highway and the pipe was hot. But cruising around town it feels barely even warm.
Sponsored