First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all. I recently bought intake piping. It’s 2.75” piping that I put a filter on. Maf housing fits and the intake overall is a pretty good Fit. My STFT and LTFT are within the -4 to -3 range at idle. Wondering if this is a safe setup? My IAT’s are about 10 over ambient and I can tell runs cooler. I’m tuned on KTuner basemap 1.5 Sport. Thanks!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake 30798810-069C-41F5-AE9B-D00CD935CCC8
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChadFK7

ChadFK7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the AF Dynamic intake, a copy of Injen?
It’s actually just generic piping I got off E Bay for 100 bucks. It’s pretty similar to af dynamic and injen. I think it works well

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
It’s actually just generic piping I got off E Bay for 100 bucks. It’s pretty similar to af dynamic and injen. I think it works well
I’m running the red version of this piping along with a K&N RG 1001 filter. I have about 23k miles on this set up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake 085C8936-4846-4982-9507-ABDDA2A70B4E

Zero issues to report. My car has been running great with it. The welds on the pipes are fragile to handle, but they’ve held up just fine once installed.

Most of the time, you get what you pay for, but every now and then that convention fails. This is one of those rare instances where cheap eBay bullshit works out good.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would bet the Honda engineers did a better job than eBay engineers or some random guy on the CivicX forums. Not meaning to be a turd but you are better off using the OEM breather.

• Haha
Reactions: Myx

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would bet the Honda engineers did a better job than eBay engineers or some random guy on the CivicX forums. Not meaning to be a turd but you are better off using the OEM breather.
I understand the sentiment, but these forums are filled with posts about people experimenting with intakes and having good results. An intake itself is a simple system. It’s a pipe, maf housing, and filter. Not exactly rocket science.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your stft and ltft values need to be good while driving not only while idling...

OP
OP
ChadFK7

ChadFK7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not when the oem box heat soaks like a mofo and suffocated the car. Most intakes are high priced for brand name. This is simple aluminum piping and as long as the maf housing is sized correctly then I don’t see any difference of slapping any other intake on the car.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Not when the oem box heat soaks like a mofo and suffocated the car. Most intakes are high priced for brand name. This is simple aluminum piping and as long as the maf housing is sized correctly then I don’t see any difference of slapping any other intake on the car.
Suffocated the car? I don’t think so. I’m using a K&N drop-in filter with a PRL silicone intake pipe and I removed the resonator underneath the airbox. The result is way better than running an SRI.

The only reason why aftermarket intakes are expensive is due to the R&D that they’re doing. It is not just slap in the pipes and mass produce them.

I would suggest that you provide us with some datalogs to back your answer.

holeshotwrx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2003 WRX
Country flag
Suffocated the car? I don’t think so. I’m using a K&N drop-in filter with a PRL silicone intake pipe and I removed the resonator underneath the airbox. The result is way better than running an SRI.

I would suggest that you provide us with some datalogs to back your answer.
So where are your datalogs? Is the ‘sTagE 1’ intake setup better than a cold air? Removing the silencer and changing a hose and filter make a negligible difference.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
So where are your datalogs? Is the ‘sTagE 1’ intake setup better than a cold air? Removing the silencer and changing a hose and filter make a negligible difference.
We are talking about the SRI here. I never mentioned anything about the CAI. Look back on to my post and understand.

OP
OP
ChadFK7

ChadFK7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are talking about the SRI here. I never mentioned anything about the CAI. Look back on to my post and understand.
This is a cold air intake I was never talking about short ram. All short ram is is an intake that sucks in hot air

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your stft and ltft values need to be good while driving not only while idling...
Allow me to repeat this. You need to test the full range of operation, not just one point. I'm not optimistic about the results you'll find but this is the way to test it.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Allow me to repeat this. You need to test the full range of operation, not just one point. I'm not optimistic about the results you'll find but this is the way to test it.
I’m not OP but I decided to test mine, which I haven’t done for awhile so it was a good time.

I found that my STFL and LTFT were typically +6% to +8% at idle.
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake DB1BD630-4176-4263-81D1-5CE21427461D

In driving conditions they never exceeded +14% and that was under heavy throttle. This snap is the closest I could get while my scanner still had the driving data up.
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake A5E994A5-D76C-4117-8657-B1F414C150D4

At cruising speed my trims were dead even. My IAT2 is about 13 degrees over ambient and that’s with my car sitting in the hot driveway all day.
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom intake A3158CE1-14E6-47DE-9A59-7CD4348C91A6

As the data shows, the intake is keeping fuel trims pretty well within tolerance and keeping internal temps down, confirming these pipes and a quality filter do work.

Full disclosure, I also have aftermarket coil packs as you can see on the first page. This may vary my results.

Last edited: