OP
OP
tcaudo

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
I may end up doing this. I want to find out too if putting a cat-back only exhaust if that would void any warranties concerning the powertrain. I don't think it should though, from the catalytic converter back is nothing but dumb pipe(no sensors).
After that long discussion I dont think we will get a "catback" since honda placed our cat right under the turbo. We will probably get an "axleback exhaust" they make those now instead because they cut cost and keep prices down. Judging by how are exhaust is setup thats what I see aftermarket companies doing, just my opinon. Get an intake!!! With exhaust and intake installed this car drives so much better.
Sponsored

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After that long discussion I dont think we will get a "catback" since honda placed our cat right under the turbo. We will probably get an "axleback exhaust" they make those now instead because they cut cost and keep prices down. Judging by how are exhaust is setup thats what I see aftermarket companies doing, just my opinon. Get an intake!!! With exhaust and intake installed this car drives so much better.
I still don't see why companies still can't make a cat-back. Tubing doesn't cost too much, it would just be a pretty long tube all the way to the cat in the front.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an intake, as soon as they release a short ram. I might wait and see if some company like K+N releases a short ram with a heat shield.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
I know its because the car is so new and no one has a single video of this car with aftermarket exhaust on it. RallyRed do a short ram intake buddy! The car is much faster and it took me less than 15 minutes to install. Injen will release a cheap short ram version of the intake soon. If you need warranty work its very easy to simply throw the stock airbox back on to make sure they dont pull some funny business with voiding our warranty.
You are 10000% correct, I just want to hear/ see SOMETHING lol

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Yea my first picture was when i first got home from getting it done and i just took a quick pic before i went to work. It definitely looks a lot better in person. My neighbor has a 2015 v6 accord and his bumper is designed for dual exhausr but the cheap looking oem tips are pathetic. Theyre small diameter with two itches of polished wrapped around it. They look like pep boy specials lol He said after seeing mine he wants to change his so i guess thats a good compliment.
True. From the second pic, I'd rather have your exhaust vs the Accord tips. I sold plenty of the 2015 V6 Accords. The dual exhaust tip are pretty cheap looking. Glad Honda stepped it up on the 2016's. Even though they still look cheap, they look much better

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Well everyone I think OP is gone forever. RIP

Someone else go do this I need to hear what this sounds like!!!

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought myself the Injen 304-SS Cat-Back. Should be installing it sometime next week, and I'll definitely be posting video and pics.

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
i had an injen axel-back exhaust on my 2012 Si and it was very loud. it sounded great and powerful but im hoping this injen exhaust is a lot more quiet. at 30, i dont want to be driving around in a loud car anymore. i wish there was an option for the old g35 exhaust sound. it was loud but a good loud. maybe even the g37 exhaust. they seemed to be a bit quieter

Reactions: Civ

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i had an injen axel-back exhaust on my 2012 Si and it was very loud. it sounded great and powerful but im hoping this injen exhaust is a lot more quiet. at 30, i dont want to be driving around in a loud car anymore. i wish there was an option for the old g35 exhaust sound. it was loud but a good loud. maybe even the g37 exhaust. they seemed to be a bit quieter
I'm guessing the turbo will quiet down the exhaust a bit. Hopefully it won't be too loud, but as long as it's legal, it's fine with me :)

gregprep29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta TDI (waiting for my buy back)
Country flag
I think it looks decent, sticks out a little farther on the corners than I'd prefer, but I actually read the comments before looking at the pic, and it's really not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. The back end of the car has some exaggerated pieces, i.e. the taillights and the hard lines. This goes in that same direction. If you could pull it in a bit, I think it'd be a little cleaner, but not bad overall. I also am interested to hear what a mini engine with a mini turbo sounds like with an exhaust! :)

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't pull a tcaudo on us!
Don't plan on it lol I'll have to make a nice video for YouTube, I think a lot of people(myself included) are excited to see what these sound like with an exhaust.

I took a leap of faith here, hopefully it sounds amazing :)
Sponsored