FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've got an EX hatch and so it doesn't have that center mounted exhaust. I'm looking to get the Sport diffuser and try to get a shop to reroute the exhaust to the center. I'd also like to upgrade to 2.5 or 3 inch piping from the cat back. Has anyone done this and/or have a cost estimate? Thanks!
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I've got an EX hatch and so it doesn't have that center mounted exhaust. I'm looking to get the Sport diffuser and try to get a shop to reroute the exhaust to the center. I'd also like to upgrade to 2.5 or 3 inch piping from the cat back. Has anyone done this and/or have a cost estimate? Thanks!
I think someone else posted about this recently and it’s kind of tough due to how the non-sport exhaust piping is routed. It would take some work and results may be less than ideal for flow.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with @Feddy_Ace. That said, it totally isn’t out of realm to seek such custom job. I’d search around for muffler shops and see what kinds of pricing they give for general stuff and go based off there. At least that’s what I did. I spent $375 with my EX-T sedan, cutting off stock exhaust from right after resonator to ends and replaced with 2.5 inch Y piping that leads to quad 3 inch tips that go through an aftermarket diffuser I got off of eBay. The price was rather at the high end in terms of this type of custom work. I remember seeing another person here do a similar job and costing about $200-300. Bottom line, I would not expect to see anything over $400. Then again, muffler shops do have various tips (at various prices) that they will try to sell you, so also keep that in mind.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Isn't it routed to the sides because you have a full size spare tire well? (Unlike say the SI)

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The shop I used wouldn't use 2.5" pipe because they said it couldn't make the bend around the spare tire well without crushing. A "better" shop may not have this problem, but then you have a 90 degree bend at the tips, which is another issue to tackle. We ended up using a tip like this and welding the back closed and coming in from the side.
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom Exhaust Cost? 0830201925

Sorry about the glare. Somewhere around 350$, but since they didn't upgrade to 2.5 all the way back I'm a bit annoyed about it. Also changed the resonator to a magnaflow.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't it routed to the sides because you have a full size spare tire well? (Unlike say the SI)
I have a sport hatch with the spare well, it just comes back and meets up in the back. The stock sport exhaust is actually pretty intense in terms of engineering and build. Custom shouldn't be crazy expensive if the shop has a skilled fabricator. I do think the reason my Greddy (which is more of a straight pipe no crazy routing around the spare) fits is that it hangs down pretty low.

You may also be able to run a sport hatch cat back on yours but I could be wrong, I would love to find this out for sure. I just think when you do that obviously you have to do the diffuser at the same time so there is a spot for it. I will say my Greddy SP + catted down pipe sounds amazing.

I would say grab a used sport exhaust off the classifieds and if it doesn't fit list it for what you got it for. ESPECIALLY since you're in Cali, you should have no problem.

OP
OP
FK7_Dylan

FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a sport hatch with the spare well, it just comes back and meets up in the back. The stock sport exhaust is actually pretty intense in terms of engineering and build. Custom shouldn't be crazy expensive if the shop has a skilled fabricator. I do think the reason my Greddy (which is more of a straight pipe no crazy routing around the spare) fits is that it hangs down pretty low.

You may also be able to run a sport hatch cat back on yours but I could be wrong, I would love to find this out for sure. I just think when you do that obviously you have to do the diffuser at the same time so there is a spot for it. I will say my Greddy SP + catted down pipe sounds amazing.

I would say grab a used sport exhaust off the classifieds and if it doesn't fit list it for what you got it for. ESPECIALLY since you're in Cali, you should have no problem.
Yeah I would love to have the Greddy SP. Was either gonna go custom or try to modify that to fit, but I'm gonna lower the car in the future and I'm worried about it scraping.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I would love to have the Greddy SP. Was either gonna go custom or try to modify that to fit, but I'm gonna lower the car in the future and I'm worried about it scraping.
It will likely scrape... it barely clears some stuff right now and I'm stock height. I really do love the sound though man holy hell. Without the downpipe it was definitely lacking... Once I put that in it was night and day. Then just put a Torque Solutions RMM in and it kind of acts as a resonator compared to the stock plastic, which would absorb a lot of the sound actually. I really love it with the RMM + catted DP.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think most of the aftermarket exhausts actually hang low like that too unfortunately, otherwise they are pricey for all of the extra work. I can't remember because it was out of my price range but the 27won I think goes around the spare tire so it doesn't hang as low - could be wrong though!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think most of the aftermarket exhausts actually hang low like that too unfortunately, otherwise they are pricey for all of the extra work. I can't remember because it was out of my price range but the 27won I think goes around the spare tire so it doesn't hang as low - could be wrong though!
It does not. I can double check later tonight but I'm 99% sure it wont fit an EX. There's a handful of exhausts in tiawan for the EX, like pro drager, and it runs under the tire well.

Last edited:

OP
OP
FK7_Dylan

FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It does not. I can double check later tonight but I'm 99% sure it wont fit an EX. There's a handful of exhausts in tiawan for the EX, like pro drauger, and it runs under the tire well.
Yeah, just checked and looks like it doesn't. Wouldn't mind getting the ProDrager, it's just the super high shipping costs :(

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, just checked and looks like it doesn't. Wouldn't mind getting the ProDrager, it's just the super high shipping costs :(
People said it ran about 800$ total. Not bad, but still could run into issues with it scrapping.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have the Prodrager, and my car is lowered 1.5". Daily driver, in all road conditions, scraping is not an issue with the exhaust. Not sure about the current prices, but when I bought mine, the prices were $550 for all stainless, or $700 for stainless / titanium. Shipping to SoCal was $300.
Pipe size is 60mm ( approx 2.375" ) with 100mm ( 4" ) tips. Measuring the sound decibels is still under the California legal limit.
Just my opinion, but I think 3" dia. exhaust pipe is going to be too big with a stock turbo or mild bolt on on the engine, not sure how effective the scavenging will be. My power band moved up about 500 rpm, but I also picked up about 1 to 1.5mpg over the stock exhaust. Actual horsepower gain is negilible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phy

Agr.Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LX Hatchback
Country flag
i know of people from socal that have used mikes muffler shop in El Monte. One guy on youtube that documented his said it was around $400 for everything