Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys,

I spoke with Vincent and Vlad some time ago about doing a limited run of custom CNC’ed plexiglass covers for the 27WON CAI. Just wanted to gauge interest to see if this is something people would actually be interested in buying. Shooting to price these at around $50-$60 each depending on how many people want to get in, this can vary quite a bit so I’ll only really know once I know what people want.

Below is a proof of concept, it’s a Star Wars inspired design I made for May the 4th. The final product would be cut in plexi, same thickness as the OEM one.

Just trying to start a discussion, wanna gauge how many people would be interested and what kind of designs people would want to see. Logos are obviously the easiest to model and cheapest to cut. But it can be pretty much anything, just keep in mind, the more complex it is, the more expensive it gets, and if multiple people want the same design the price will drop if ordered in quantities of 4
Honda Civic 10th gen Custom CAI Plexi Covers AB7B6C2D-AB04-4DC7-A04D-7F5039C09D0C

I’m not affiliated with 27WON in any way but I did get their permission to go ahead.

If you have any doodles or ideas you want to send, I can mock them up fairly easily
Sponsored

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Neat idea! Did they give any indication of how it might affect temps if at all? I would think the more open space up top, the more it's possible to draw in hot air from the engine bay vs cold air from the snorkel.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It's a cool idea. I just don't know what design I'd want.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Neat idea! Did they give any indication of how it might affect temps if at all? I would think the more open space up top, the more it's possible to draw in hot air from the engine bay vs cold air from the snorkel.
Yeah that’s what I figured as well, that’s why for the Star Wars one I kept the openings minimal. Production will be Laser Cutting for any “hard cuts” and cnc for any “carving”. With how a cnc works it’s totally possible to just carve out a design without cutting anything all the way through. That being said, laser cutting is cheaper and quicker than cnc so it’ll be the cheapest to use the cnc as little as possible

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's a cool idea. I just don't know what design I'd want.
One thing my friend mentioned was anime characters lol. Little much for my taste but it could look pretty cool

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another cool idea is doing some custom or small batch work on the window vents they make? I just broke my rising sun vent I got from them months ago been looking for a cool replacement lol

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
One thing my friend mentioned was anime characters lol. Little much for my taste but it could look pretty cool
I immediately thought of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it wouldn't go with anything else on the car :p

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I immediately thought of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it would go with anything else on the car :p
I was a HUGE FMA fan when I was a kid. Al’s helmet on the cover would be sick

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Although knowing holes on plexiglass is prone to cracking, especially in hot engine bay. So tried to be proactive and made aluminum washers for the fasten screws to spread the load. But the main problem is how easy plexiglass gets scratched up and becomes an eye sore. Mine is an eye sore!

I saved a piece of thin gauge titanium sheet on the side, to take care of that unsightly cover, for quite sometime. Just finished Whiteline ALK install last week and taking a breather, no car project at the moment, so titanium cover will be next. Stay tune!

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Mill work & fit up done

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom CAI Plexi Covers CB8EA7FD-E169-41C6-BE8C-4DEF42A5E057

Will have mirror finish follow with anodizing for a wear resistant and colorful reflective finish, similar to the customized titanium handle on my EDC.

Honda Civic 10th gen Custom CAI Plexi Covers 4E003A68-D2ED-4A8A-86D8-EBE58FF19455

Stay tune

Reactions: Phy