JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I just added a catless Dp to my 10th gen civic EX-T and it sounds amazing, was wondering if it's worth, getting a 3 inch front pipe and then converting my 2.25 inch exhaust into a 3 inch as well.
These are some videos of what it sounds like right now.
Sponsored

Attachments

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just added a catless Dp to my 10th gen civic EX-T and it sounds amazing, was wondering if it's worth, getting a 3 inch front pipe and then converting my 2.25 inch exhaust into a 3 inch as well.
Which downpipe do you have and is that on the stock exhaust? It sounds really tbh.

Is there any drone?

OP
OP
JoeyV

JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which downpipe do you have and is that on the stock exhaust? It sounds really tbh.

Is there any drone?
its a megan racing catless downpipe, and it is on the stock exhaust, i just have a muffler delete as well

OP
OP
JoeyV

JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i also have just a basic K&N CAI. but between the intake and DP the turbo noises are alot more noticeable, and the drone isnt too bad, but im jut wondering if i do a 3 inch exhaust if itll make the car sound a little more deeper and a little louder

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yes, a larger diameter pipe will make the exhaust louder. But unless you're making at least 250-300 horsepower, 3" exhaust is going to effect how well your engine exhaust scavenging will be. Go too big with the exhaust on a stock engine with a couple of bolt ons is going to impact your low end torque, and might decrease your mpg.

OP
OP
JoeyV

JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, a larger diameter pipe will make the exhaust louder. But unless you're making at least 250-300 horsepower, 3" exhaust is going to effect how well your engine exhaust scavenging will be. Go too big with the exhaust on a stock engine with a couple of bolt ons is going to impact your low end torque, and might decrease your mpg.
I'm making on the lower end 220 wheel horsepower and 250 wheel torque, just from the tune I'm on, without the additives of my bolt ons and 93
Sponsored