Cushioning the rear view mirror?

notdaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
So I've noticed that especially with loud music playing and sometimes even with regular car travel, the rear view mirror vibrates causing it hard to determine the type of car behind me. I was wondering if anybody has had this problem and if they fixed it by putting rubber or some type of material between the rear view mirror and the windshield or some other fix.
Sponsored

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the problem.
When I'm listing to music even on 15 the subwoofer make the whole mirror shake and it's not really useable. But it doesn't really bother me to much.

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
[...] the rear view mirror vibrates causing it hard to determine the type of car behind me.
What's exactly you want to know about the car behind you? The license plate? The face of the driver? I'm like "huh?" right because I don't understand the problem you have.

Anyways, I've never had complaints with the rear view mirror, but I drive on paved road and listen to mostly classical music everyday.

OP
OP

notdaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
What's exactly you want to know about the car behind you? The license plate? The face of the driver? I'm like "huh?" right because I don't understand the problem you have.

Anyways, I've never had complaints with the rear view mirror, but I drive on paved road and listen to mostly classical music everyday.
Not so much of a problem but just more of a pet peeve.. Kinda annoys me that I can see the slightly shaking mirror in my peripherals

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yeah, not much need for a subwoofer with Bach. Although it might kick ass. :hmm:
Oh, it DO indeed. Especially on bits with percussion... Once you hear it on an 'audiophile' class system, there's no going 'Bach'!

And I use my rearview mirror a lot. I drive for ALL traffic around me.
Sponsored