201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
Looking for feedback from people who has these installed on their cars. Are they worth the added weight? And how much do they weigh? Thanks!
Sponsored

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Interested in this information too...

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have a sport hatch but I did a whole bunch of chassis mods so I’ll chime in.

I have a UR strut tower bar, a UR trunk brace and a Whiteline sway bar… I agree with the general consensus that the sway bar is the most noticeable of those three.

I recently installed a Cusco Front Power bar, 4 point mid brace and rear bar. I’m gonna be completely honest, unless I deliberately try to flip the car in a turn, I don’t feel like they really added anything substantial.

Another thing - my wife actually drives the civic more than I do. Anytime I do a mod, I don’t tell her what I did and see if she notices. When the first round of bracing and the sway bar went in, she told me the car felt way more “tight” and “solid”. She’s totally unaware of the actual mods but noticed straight off. Same with intake, exhaust, ect.

When I did the Cusco package, she had no comment.

Lastly, I feel like people who say they notice a big difference are biased because they spent a lot of money getting the parts and WANT to notice a difference.

I got mine for a great deal and am objective. I’m not gonna take them off but I don’t think they changed the car significantly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco Chassis stiffeners 21FB064F-A995-4372-BC8D-56E6633105CC

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco Chassis stiffeners 12F3994A-0966-4DD8-A2FF-7004DD1859A0

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco Chassis stiffeners 22E5ED0B-E3C8-4E11-BCD7-ECB2E188C3EA

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I have a UR strut tower bar, a UR trunk brace and a Whiteline sway bar… I agree with the general consensus that the sway bar is the most noticeable of those three.

I recently installed a Cusco Front Power bar, 4 point mid brace and rear bar. I’m gonna be completely honest, unless I deliberately try to flip the car in a turn, I don’t feel like they really added anything substantial.

Another thing - my wife actually drives the civic more than I do. Anytime I do a mod, I don’t tell her what I did and see if she notices. When the first round of bracing and the sway bar went in, she told me the car felt way more “tight” and “solid”. She’s totally unaware of the actual mods but noticed straight off. Same with intake, exhaust, ect.

Lastly, I feel like people who say they notice a big difference are biased because they spent a lot of money getting the parts and WANT to notice a difference.

I got mine for a great deal and am objective. I’m not gonna take them off but I don’t think they changed the car significantly.

21FB064F-A995-4372-BC8D-56E6633105CC.jpeg

12F3994A-0966-4DD8-A2FF-7004DD1859A0.jpeg

22E5ED0B-E3C8-4E11-BCD7-ECB2E188C3EA.jpeg
Thank you for your feedback! How heavy are they? Per piece you think? Seems like you'll experience the most out of it when pushing the car at its limits or just dont at all lol.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would consider getting a strut mount stiffener, but wonder if that would eliminate flex that's designed in to give at those points.
Besides, I think they look cool. LOL.
My 370Z had a strut bar factory, so I assume that would be a chassis design consideration.
I mean this car is already so stiff that when I enter some parking lots (on comfort) the damn car nearly throws me out of the seat L/R slings when I cross the little drainage ditch between the parking lot and the street. I barely notice them in my wife's St. Fe.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Of the Cusco chassis stiffeners, I only have the 4-point center brace. I can't say that I really feel a difference after this
brace. The price of the brace was low enough that I went ahead with the mod just for the sake of it (versus the Spoon stiff plate).

I also have some knockoff (not Spoon) rigid collars and I recommend these more than most suspension/chassis mods.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your feedback! How heavy are they? Per piece you think? Seems like you'll experience the most out of it when pushing the car at its limits or just dont at all lol.
I feel like each one is a few pounds maybe 3-4.. got to be around 10 pounds for the 3 I did.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag

21FB064F-A995-4372-BC8D-56E6633105CC.jpeg

12F3994A-0966-4DD8-A2FF-7004DD1859A0.jpeg

22E5ED0B-E3C8-4E11-BCD7-ECB2E188C3EA.jpeg
Good info. I’ve been thinking about the mid brace, but if this is the case then I’ll pass and be happy with my rear sway bar, subframe brace, and strut brace.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
i have almost the same setup but in ultra racing, strut tower, lower rear, type R center brace and front lower you can feel the difference but the sway bar is the most noticeable mod, the sway bar plus all the bars give you more security in the curves also you can hear more noises in the cabin, but for me is a good mod.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good info. I’ve been thinking about the mid brace, but if this is the case then I’ll pass and be happy with my rear sway bar, subframe brace, and strut brace.
Yeah my hatch didn’t have the type r brace so instead of doing that I did the Cusco. If I already had a brace there I def wouldn’t be switching

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Is the 4-point midbrace supposed to be like the Spoon Stiff Plate? They both occupy the same location

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the input! My main concern really is how heavy they are seems like they're no more than 15lbs combined I also checked Ultra Racing version which actually has weight listed at their site.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The spoon plate is a completely different part and not related to the cusco or type r brace. You can install it with the type r bar but not the cusco or ultra racing. I can’t justify the $900 for it but if I had the cash, I would buy it…

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the 4-point midbrace supposed to be like the Spoon Stiff Plate? They both occupy the same location
Yeah and it also occupies the spot the type r brace goes in. The Spoon part goes longer down the chassis than the Cusco. The price for that piece is absolutely outrageous though and I guarantee you it’s not gonna feel different at all.