Not open for further replies.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well I mean if afr's are good lol. Ask OP to show some datalogs to see how it does under throttle. I mean showing that it does perform well under boost will give some relief for those other NA 2.0's who are looking to boost their base model civics.
That is a good point. The datalogs could be picked apart a hundred other ways but still. Honestly though, how many people will be able to read the datalogs and say....."Hey man, that's a great datalog, you are good ".

A vast majority of people here can't, including me. I know some ins and outs of datalogs and tuning but I couldn't tell someone that overall it is a good tune.

Bottom line is he's still driving it and enjoying it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gave an Si a good run for the money. Around town driving with the bigger displacement and more aggressive ignition advance should make it hella fun.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who said I'm ok with a hack job. Nothings perfect! As long as it runs ok, no problemo? I don't see that anywhere else?

What if I told you that my car is running like crap despite my 1/4 mile times and say.....Derek said it isnt.....would you believe me?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
well I mean if afr's are good lol. Ask OP to show some datalogs to see how it does under throttle. I mean showing that it does perform well under boost will give some relief for those other NA 2.0's who are looking to boost their base model civics. It can be something simple like this for people:
lol idk why you bother dude. I gave up cause all people say is "but it runs fine and have no issues"

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What if I told you that my car is running like crap despite my 1/4 mile times and say.....Derek said it isnt.....would you believe me?
I could care less about your 1/4 mile time as long as the tune is running good and doesn’t matter who the tuner is. Well you are running his tune lol so you tell me is your car running like crap?

Reactions: Myx

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol idk why you bother dude. I gave up cause all people say is "but it runs fine and have no issues"
Lol if I give up who will be the next person to question someone who says I can can turbo a 2.0 NA and tune with Ktuner properly. I’m a stats guy so data shows proof. Myx is a data guy too

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is a good point. The datalogs could be picked apart a hundred other ways but still. Honestly though, how many people will be able to read the datalogs and say....."Hey man, that's a great datalog, you are good ".

A vast majority of people here can't, including me. I know some ins and outs of datalogs and tuning but I couldn't tell someone that overall it is a good tune.

Bottom line is he's still driving it and enjoying it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gave an Si a good run for the money. Around town driving with the bigger displacement and more aggressive ignition advance should make it hella fun.
Datalogs are pretty simple to read. Ktuner Help guide explains everything. All people need to know in the logs is that is there any real misfires, afr range under throttle, fuel trims, and some other things. I know that you know what your looking at lol. Hell you swap and customize your own parts for your car and work with DRob to make it run right.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Datalogs are pretty simple to read. Ktuner Help guide explains everything. All people need to know in the logs is that is there any real misfires, afr range under throttle, fuel trims, and some other things. I know that you know what your looking at lol. Hell you swap and customize your own parts for your car and work with DRob to make it run right.

I'm an idiot man. Don't be giving people false info. :p

I always respect that you show links, pics and info about why you state what you do. Don't ever lose that, no matter how irritating it may be to people. It's good to see who said what and why they said it. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'm an idiot man. Don't be giving people false info. :p

I always respect that you show links, pics and info about why you state what you do. Don't ever lose that, no matter how irritating it may be to people. It's good to see who said what and why they said it. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
respect lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Lol if I give up who will be the next person to question someone who says I can can turbo a 2.0 NA and tune with Ktuner properly. I’m a stats guy so data shows proof. Myx is a data guy too
if you see my posts, i am a data guy too. I just gave up lol. You sir have more patience than me! haha.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Help me understand why people don't just make or use aftermarket ECU if that's the issue with this motor? People run aftermarket and custom ECUs and all types of cars why is it suddenly an impassable barrier?

Pretty sure there's all types of super charger/turbo kits in the world for all types of cars that come with new ECU. I don't really understand.

In the performance world, money is almost NEVER the deciding factor otherwise we'd all be driving bone stock 1.6L teardrop tiny cars.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IIRC the limitation, setting aside ECU concerns, is the plastic intake manifold on the (non-R) 2.0L that would crack with a few PSI of boost. Couldn't find a link, but I thought a tuning device manufacturer had indicated that as the largest obstacle.

civil-k-2020

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
IIRC the limitation, setting aside ECU concerns, is the plastic intake manifold on the (non-R) 2.0L that would crack with a few PSI of boost. Couldn't find a link, but I thought a tuning device manufacturer had indicated that as the largest obstacle.
The fk8 intake manifold is also plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.