Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What’s up guys - curious what exhaust setup the Cali guys are running. I’m thinking of getting the PRL down pipe/front pipe. I’m aware both the street/race version aren’t supposed to be used here.

Anybody have the race setup in Cali?? For off-road use of course? do you like it?

Also love Greddy and the sound of the greddy catback, but the nutsack design is steering me far far away. Might just run the stock exhaust for a bit.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
What’s up guys - curious what exhaust setup the Cali guys are running. I’m thinking of getting the PRL down pipe/front pipe. I’m aware both the street/race version aren’t supposed to be used here.

Anybody have the race setup in Cali?? For off-road use of course? do you like it?

Also love Greddy and the sound of the greddy catback, but the nutsack design is steering me far far away. Might just run the stock exhaust for a bit.
Cali is the biggest market, you'll see every exhaust available on someone's Si :)

You'll find it challenging to get any more Catless DP's since the EPA has started cracking down on retailers. Any Catted DP + AWE FP and AWE Touring Exhaust will sound sweeeeet and looks amazing especially with Triple Black Tips!

https://unity-performance.com/products/awe-tuning-exhaust-2017-civic-si

OP
OP
Mike2020si

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Cali is the biggest market, you'll see every exhaust available on someone's Si :)

You'll find it challenging to get any more Catless DP's since the EPA has started cracking down on retailers. Any Catted DP + AWE FP and AWE Touring Exhaust will sound sweeeeet and looks amazing especially with Triple Black Tips!

https://unity-performance.com/products/awe-tuning-exhaust-2017-civic-si
I’m aware was just curious about some Cali guys current setups. I’m able to buy everything online which isn’t a problem.. but was just curious what the guys out here are running. Thank you for the reply tho guys

Chakra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the MAP Race catback, no issues with police so far, but am a little cautious in the Newport Beach area.

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are you concerned more about the stupid exhaust noise BS in CA?

I'm from the SF Bay Area. I just did a custom vibrant exhaust setup and have had no issues at all with noise or law enforcement.

I have heard exhausts with catless downpipes and it's pretty loud and draws attention. So if you do get a downpipe, catted will help with the noise levels.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm running the AWE touring with chrome tips and love it.

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@MoaRPowah are you referring to replacing your stock mufflers with the vibrant muffler alongside a resonator delete? I've been interested in this, I just sold my 27won (sounded great) over the weekend and stock is definitely more "peaceful" on my highway commutes. How are you liking it, any drone?

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
27won is perfect btw, just the right amount of noise, but just know that gains are so minimal, the only gains is noise and exhaust systems are pretty expensive for just the noise factor.

JaviXGen

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Just don’t drive like a dick and you’ll be fine here in Cali I have the prl up/down catted pipes with a borla exhaust sounds good for me I also had the MAP race exhaust but changed it out because I didn’t really like it I still have it if you’d like to buy it let me know

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@MoaRPowah are you referring to replacing your stock mufflers with the vibrant muffler alongside a resonator delete? I've been interested in this, I just sold my 27won (sounded great) over the weekend and stock is definitely more "peaceful" on my highway commutes. How are you liking it, any drone?
That's correct. Vibrant muffler and Vibrant ultra quiet resonator. It's very very mild and has almost no drone on the freeway.

Even under heavy acceleration, it does not draw attention, but has a very smooth note.

Honda Civic 10th gen Current Exhaust Setup In California?? 2020civicSi IMG_20191024_150124

Jimmyhillflip

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I have the prl race FP/DP (catless) with the greedy exhaust. The sound is Soo niceeee but yeah the nuts do hang low on them. Only problem I’ve had so far is when I first put the FP/DP on and I didn’t have the exhaust system yet (I did a muffler and resonator delete when I first got the car) and got pulled over going 10 mph because my car sounded like a “broken lawnmower”. Didn’t get state reffed though so
That’s a plus.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I JUST installed the Greddy DD-R. Love it! Deep tone, not raspy at all, not overly loud, no drone, pretty silent at highway speeds, actually. I have not changed my down/front pipes, and it’s still amazing.

I live in the CV, and am concerned about being on the ‘radar’, but I drive pretty slowly, so, I don’t think it’s a big concern.

More info here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/whats-your-si-looking-like-today.35113/post-973427
Sponsored