Curious after owning the Type R what is next?

Cranium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm definitely a manual snob, tried and true a Honda fan, started my obsession buying my first new car as a 94' Civic EX Coupe (yes, I'm old), keep my cars for 8-10 years (just got rid of my Mugen Si for the Type R), and have always wanted an S2000. I would love an older NSX, of course, but the only obtainable ones for me are the ones that have been beaten on. Not going there. So.... I would either add to my current mix with an S2000, or would consider a TLX Type S if it comes in a manual, which it probably won't. Happy motoring!
Sponsored

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Lexus IS500 will be released Fall 2021 and will eventually get the IS-F badge but its gonna be 80k+ lol

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did two sessions at a HPDE in one.

I love the car. I don't love the reliability issues of the voodoo
look at a 19-21, problems pretty much non existant (i work for ford, can confirm 16-18 were real bad with the oil issues)

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Lexus IS500 will be released Fall 2021 and will eventually get the IS-F badge but its gonna be 80k+ lol
Just read on that and their flagship LS will finally have the F treatment o_O

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
LMAO i think thats more of a GT thing tbh
I've seen a GT350R hit a crowd at my local meet, kid couldn't handle the power of his dad's car LOL

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
had a kid put his dads ford GT into the ditch/front lawn of our dealership lol
??
I'd be embarrassed lol and just end the visit there

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
I'm definitely a manual snob, tried and true a Honda fan, started my obsession buying my first new car as a 94' Civic EX Coupe (yes, I'm old), keep my cars for 8-10 years (just got rid of my Mugen Si for the Type R), and have always wanted an S2000. I would love an older NSX, of course, but the only obtainable ones for me are the ones that have been beaten on. Not going there. So.... I would either add to my current mix with an S2000, or would consider a TLX Type S if it comes in a manual, which it probably won't. Happy motoring!
My first new car is a 93 Civic Si coupe and I like to keep my cars for long terms too. So I still have my 04 TSX 6MT(bought it brand new) alive and drive it every once a while (mainly hang out with friends when they decide to drive DC2R out)

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I find the exhaust note of the R forgettable at best and obnoxious at worst. It kills the experience for me. My steering also felt amazing when new, but lately I can't feel the difference between Sport and +R. It's been gradual, but I'm falling out of love with the car.

When the money situation is right in a few years, I plan on trading in the R for a Cayman GT4 and something like the upcoming Corolla GR as a daily. The alternative might be to trade for a potential future AWD NISMO 400Z.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I find the exhaust note of the R forgettable at best and obnoxious at worst. It kills the experience for me. My steering also felt amazing when new, but lately I can't feel the difference between Sport and +R. It's been gradual, but I'm falling out of love with the car.

When the money situation is right in a few years, I plan on trading in the R for a Cayman GT4 and something like the upcoming Corolla GR as a daily. The alternative might be to trade for a potential future AWD NISMO 400Z.
GT4 is a fun car...
Honda Civic 10th gen Curious after owning the Type R what is next? FEB3B08D-12B4-4180-9520-991FDD82B1F7
Sponsored