Curious after owning the Type R what is next?

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If Greta Thunberg gets her way we'll all be riding bicycles in the next 10 years while she jet-sets around the globe. I'm worried about the future of the auto industry as manufacturers move more and more towards electric. Whatever my next car is it will be a manual gearbox and ICE if they even still exist. Another thing as a species can we just collectively get over this bizarre obsession with SUV's and Crossover's. We need to let go of these dark ages of automotive insanity.

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
What could that next be in terms of price/performance/maintenance cost? Nothing unless Honda or someone else, who would that be, performs a similar hat trick?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
How is the tall gearing (2nd in particular)? Do you get used to it, or is it a bummer off the track?
Not ideal but really not a big deal. Reviewers had to find something not to like about the car.

The real issue is that the engine just wasn't special. It's very good but lacking when compared to the GT3. Course, it was priced much less so difficult to criticize the car.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Model S Plaid. Just waiting for my stocks to do what "it" should do.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
a retirement luxury car, or a truck

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Not ideal but really not a big deal. Reviewers had to find something not to like about the car.

The real issue is that the engine just wasn't special. It's very good but lacking when compared to the GT3. Course, it was priced much less so difficult to criticize the car.
I wonder if the bored 4.0L in the 718 makes a big difference in terms of being more "special"? Either way, I can't wait to upgrade!

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
If Greta Thunberg gets her way we'll all be riding bicycles in the next 10 years while she jet-sets around the globe. I'm worried about the future of the auto industry as manufacturers move more and more towards electric. Whatever my next car is it will be a manual gearbox and ICE if they even still exist. Another thing as a species can we just collectively get over this bizarre obsession with SUV's and Crossover's. We need to let go of these dark ages of automotive insanity.
I dunno man. Have you driven one of the high powered Tesla’s or Porsches? There’s no reason an electric car can’t be fun. They are wickedly fast. If they can get battery weight down and charge times reduced I can see it working.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Keeping the R. I want a Tesla Model 3 Performance as a daily.
Sponsored