dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Has anyone have their CTR curb rash repaired? Is it better to get it repair or drive on it for a few years then replace it down the road?
Sponsored

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just kind of depends. If you anticipate you may get more of it as time goes on you can get it fixed all at once as opposed to piecemeal it'll probably end up cheaper. I got wheel coverage when I financed and hugged a corner to tight and rashed up my rear right wheel pretty good, was able to get it fixed for no charge which was nice, I'm not sure what it would've costed to get fixed without that coverage.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I park in a deck. Can't tell where the front of the car is at. Park, get out and look oh my God there is 5 feet. I am getting better. I wish I had parking sensors. Just overly protective. I have gotten better and would rather not back in as those that do not might clip the mirrors. Just takes practice. I don't park where there are curbs. Very careful of there is a cement block in front. Get out an look and make sure close but not too far away. I wish the camera worked for parking and as a dash cam. All the technology is there. Just extremely careful. Getting better. I feel like I am driving a tank coming from a two seater car. Takes practice. Still working on it.

OP
OP

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Just kind of depends. If you anticipate you may get more of it as time goes on you can get it fixed all at once as opposed to piecemeal it'll probably end up cheaper. I got wheel coverage when I financed and hugged a corner to tight and rashed up my rear right wheel pretty good, was able to get it fixed for no charge which was nice, I'm not sure what it would've costed to get fixed without that coverage.
I got coverage on my car, looks like I’ll see what they can do.

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I park in a deck. Can't tell where the front of the car is at. Park, get out and look oh my God there is 5 feet. I am getting better. I wish I had parking sensors. Just overly protective. I have gotten better and would rather not back in as those that do not might clip the mirrors. Just takes practice. I don't park where there are curbs. Very careful of there is a cement block in front. Get out an look and make sure close but not too far away. I wish the camera worked for parking and as a dash cam. All the technology is there. Just extremely careful. Getting better. I feel like I am driving a tank coming from a two seater car. Takes practice. Still working on it.
Use the driver's side mirror as a reference. In my Type R I know that as soon as I can see my side mirror over the parking block I'm at perfect parking distance to not scrape up the front splitter. Your reference point may vary depending on your driving position, but next time you park exactly as you like, look at where that line is in reference to your side mirror.
Sponsored