Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome!

purpandbass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
hey guys,
I love this forum, an excellent source of information. I hit a curb this morning and I don't know what to expect after this. Should i use touch up paint should I have it done by a place like Maco or an accident shop?

My second question is the second/Third picture. The damage is like squiggly lines, do these looks like recent damage or maybe from a past owner? I can't tell.

Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! 20200831_111610

Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! 20200831_111545

Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! 20200831_111555

Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! 20200831_111547

Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! 20200831_111554

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
You can try to buff it first.. and depends on what kind of money you want to invest in.. cheap option is the pen and the expensive option is the repaint

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Want some friendly advice? Don't hit curbs.

Kidding aside, the curb damage on the skirt doesn't look too severe. If no cracks or dents, just cosmetic scratches, You could try to touch it up with a paint pen from Honda, if you're okay with it looking half as perfect as a true repair. As for getting it done at a body shop, that's something you'll have to debate on whether it's worth it or not. If you're not very careful and tend to do stuff like this often, I'd just touch it up and wait until it gets scuffed up good before fixing it (i.e. fix it before you trade in).

As for the second question, only you can tell whether those squiggly lines in the clear coat are from you or the previous owner. We have no way of saying because we do not know the vehicle history. To me it looks nothing more than wear/tear from use (someone dragging their boots out of the vehicle, small rocks scratching it, etc). So if you drive alone and don't recall seeing them before, it very well could have been from the PO and the dealer that you bought it from used a good wax to hide most of it. If you do drive with passengers frequently, tell them to be more careful.

Try rubbing compound and see if any of it buffs out. Short of that, follow what I said in the first paragraph! Good luck :)

OP
OP
purpandbass

purpandbass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
Want some friendly advice? Don't hit curbs.

Kidding aside, the curb damage on the skirt doesn't look too severe. If no cracks or dents, just cosmetic scratches, You could try to touch it up with a paint pen from Honda, if you're okay with it looking half as perfect as a true repair. As for getting it done at a body shop, that's something you'll have to debate on whether it's worth it or not. If you're not very careful and tend to do stuff like this often, I'd just touch it up and wait until it gets scuffed up good before fixing it (i.e. fix it before you trade in).

As for the second question, only you can tell whether those squiggly lines in the clear coat are from you or the previous owner. We have no way of saying because we do not know the vehicle history. To me it looks nothing more than wear/tear from use (someone dragging their boots out of the vehicle, small rocks scratching it, etc). So if you drive alone and don't recall seeing them before, it very well could have been from the PO and the dealer that you bought it from used a good wax to hide most of it. If you do drive with passengers frequently, tell them to be more careful.

Try rubbing compound and see if any of it buffs out. Short of that, follow what I said in the first paragraph! Good luck :)
I am having trouble locating the paint code. Where can I find the paint code?

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look on the drivers door panel for a tag like the one pictured below. At the bottom of the tag is the paint code. In this case, it's B593M.
Honda Civic 10th gen Curb Rash. Any advice is welcome! IMG_20200803_133844

OP
OP
purpandbass

purpandbass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
Look on the drivers door panel for a tag like the one pictured below. At the bottom of the tag is the paint code. In this case, it's B593M.
IMG_20200803_133844.jpg
I found my paint code but i do not know where to buy reliable touch up paint that matches. Crap.