CTR wing removal / deletion solution

Interested in removing the factory wing and covering the mounting holes with a simple solution?

• Total voters

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I'm voting yes so more second hand OEM wings become available for my FK7. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
J o n

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Most hardware stores carry rubber and/or plastic grommet plugs in various sizes. I’m sure with plugs and some touch up paint won’t look too bad.
I likely wouldn't paint rubber parts like that. Just some rubber white stoppers/plugs should be enough to cover up the holes and stop most liquid ingress.
The stickers I have are still the originals. Holding up great. No issues or complaints from my end. Happy as is. Water tight.

The rubber plug idea is so-so on round holes, which I had on my 2006 TSX when that wing was also removed. Never truly water tight. Needs caulking of some sort. There's also oval holes on the CTR.

Whatever makes you happy... Enjoy it!

cebu

First Name
Cez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 '19; FK3 '08
Country flag
The stickers I have are still the originals. Holding up great. No issues or complaints from my end.
I bought recently 2019 FK8 black pearl and would like to follow your path to remove the wing and cover the holes. Are the stickers you used cut out of vinyl tape or is it some special material?

OP
OP
J o n

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag

cebu

First Name
Cez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 '19; FK3 '08
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this, Jon.
Need to find something locally in EU, as shipment these to Poland costs $57,50 :)