CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Apparently, there is an "Ultimate Edition" variant of the CTR for sale in Romania. Not quite up to LE spec, but it comes with the LE wheel/tire package without the weight reduction, damper upgrades, and infotainment delete. Kind of like the S2000 Type S which was like a middle ground between the base S2000 and CR model. It does however come with some carbon fiber on the exterior that the LE doesn't have.

They have a test track near Bucharest where it set the fastest lap time for a FWD car at 1:57. Their UE also comes included with the base wheels and Contis, so I think it was a missed opportunity to compare times with both wheel/tire configurations, on that same day with the same driver.

Sponsored

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
seems like an exercise video from Honda Romania. Maybe they offer a package over there to strip down most of the OE for what they consider "race spec". They show the lap time, but we don't know (unless someone speaks romanian here can confirm) if that's a a time after the re-spec and what was the time before hand.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
seems like an exercise video from Honda Romania. Maybe they offer a package over there to strip down most of the OE for what they consider "race spec". They show the lap time, but we don't know (unless someone speaks romanian here can confirm) if that's a a time after the re-spec and what was the time before hand.
That time is with the LE wheels and tires. Their UE model includes everything the base model has, plus the LE wheel/tire package and the 2 carbon fiber bits. Doesn't seem like there are any other weight reduction measures. A less hardcore LE, more or less.

The driver doesn't mention anything about the time with the base wheel package, all he says at the end before the run with the upgraded wheels is "let's go 1:57 Type R!!". It looks like he was aiming for this time and got it. He did mention that it has a more "aggressive" wheel alignment.

Last edited:

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If this was real, and from Romania, wouldn't it just be a car without an engine, pulled by a horse?

%2Fd5%2F56%2F1a%2Fd5561aab701e64564574354acdb79908.jpg
Don't laugh... you can find horse drawn carriages running around on some of the smaller, rural highways near smaller villages seriously.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As a car person, this is the first imagery that comes to mind when I think about Romania. If anyone visits this country, I highly recommend taking a drive on the Transfagarasan road. It never gets old.

"The best [driving] road in the world."

"From above, it looks like every great corner from every great racetrack in the world has been knitted together to create one unbroken grey ribbon of automotive perfection."

Jeremy Clarkson-approved.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ? 5D3B3814

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ? 5D3B3847a

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ? 5D3A4478a

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Don't laugh... you can find horse drawn carriages running around on some of the smaller, rural highways near smaller villages seriously.
Oh I know! I actually searched for Romanian horse drawn car to get that picture. My jokes are authentic! LOL!

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
As a car person, this is the first imagery that comes to mind when I think about Romania. If anyone visits this country, I highly recommend taking a drive on the Transfagarasan road. It never gets old.

"The best [driving] road in the world."

"From above, it looks like every great corner from every great racetrack in the world has been knitted together to create one unbroken grey ribbon of automotive perfection."

Jeremy Clarkson-approved.

5D3B3814.jpg

5D3B3847a.jpg

5D3A4478a.jpg
I would absolutely love to drive there some day. Here in Texas we have the 3 Twisted Sisters which is an absolutely incredible 100 mile long series of intense corners of all types with insane elevation changes. It's like a racetrack and you can easily put a racetrack day's worth of wear on your tires and brakes here. You routinely see all manner of sports car and motorcycle on the weekend. Convoys of carmeets and the like. Last time I went though(start of this year) there was a ton of construction going on that didn't seem like it would be done anytime soon unfortunately and it left much of the road very bumpy.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s named after COD.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ? 5642DCF4-B43F-4142-95C1-4820D7B3708D

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Apparently, there is an "Ultimate Edition" variant of the CTR for sale in Romania. Not quite up to LE spec, but it comes with the LE wheel/tire package without the weight reduction, damper upgrades, and infotainment delete. Kind of like the S2000 Type S which was like a middle ground between the base S2000 and CR model. It does however come with some carbon fiber on the exterior that the LE doesn't have.

They have a test track near Bucharest where it set the fastest lap time for a FWD car at 1:57. Their UE also comes included with the base wheels and Contis, so I think it was a missed opportunity to compare times with both wheel/tire configurations, on that same day with the same driver.

The damper upgrades might actually be useful for the "Ultimate Edition" since it helps with the change in unsprung weight in the LE model. Since this has the same brakes, rims, and tires, it could use those dampers.

I would probably put money on the fact that this is probably a dealership package of something vs an official Honda "trim" or even package. Also the fact that you get the stock rims with it too. It sounds like it's an FK8 with a spare set of tires and rims. Not really a bad idea to be honest, take the stock rims and put winter tires on it and now you have a winter set if needed :p That said, I can't see this being much cheaper than an LE since the rims (in the US anyways) are like 1k each at cost to the the dealer (a little less if memory serves) and the tires would likely be another 300+ each. So the package would run around 5000+ dollars. I'm calculating based on USD. If you add that to the MSRP of the Type R right now, it's very close to the price that the LE sells for here. Then if you have carbon pieces, those will add even more cost to the overall car; this likely pushes the price over that of the LE.

Note, that if this is an official Honda package, it could be priced lower than the LE that way, but then you likely wouldn't get the stock rims with it. This could be confirmed by finding something like a Honda press release about it. If it were an official Honda package, it likely would come with the dampers too though (since they do provide a performance improvement with the reduced unsprung weight).

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh I know! I actually searched for Romanian horse drawn car to get that picture. My jokes are authentic! LOL!
They travel on some of the smaller, less modern highways. There are parts of this 4-lane highway I used to drive on that leads to one of the major northern cities/towns passing through lots of small towns/villages. The lane width is literally the width of the car. You have slower cars and these horse carriages in the right lane and when passing on the left lane, everyone exposes like half their car in the left lane of oncoming traffic since the lanes are so narrow. You need to make damned sure you pass when no traffic is approaching you. You got semis doing this shit too on these roads, can get pretty nerve-racking. And at the speeds you're driving, these horses can seem like they're standing still in the right lane and you come up on them very quickly, so you always have to be attentive. I can see some people slamming the shit into them if they doze off or something.

I swear these types of roads/conditions can never exist in America. Not saying Romanian drivers are the greatest either, but our garbage drivers would be causing wrecks left and right if we had these. We're spoiled with nice wide highway lanes and huge parking spaces haha. There are some nice modern highways in Romania, but they're not spread out evenly across the country and are situated just in and around the capital. And don't tell me about roundabouts in the US either, Americans don't know how to use roundabouts and signal properly when in them, it's too much for them to handle mentally lol.

Oh, and on the smaller routes, the highways pass through villages, so you need to slow down to 50 km/h (~30 mph) every 5 minutes, it gets pretty annoying. In the rural regions, it isn't like the USA where you pull off an exit. There are cops zapping you with K-band radar and I got nailed one time as I didn't have time to slow down.

Good thing their DMVs don't sync with New York's lmao. Had to pay a ~$100 fine. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR "Ultimate Edition" in Romania akin to an S2000 Type S ? 20210620_034218
Sponsored

Last edited: