Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hey everyone. Can't seem to find it anymore but I was reading a thread the other day talking about the CTR subframe brace, a few guys said they couldn't find the threaded holes.. and got bashed on lol lead me to feel confident they were there for sure. So I ordered one, got it up on the hoist today on my lunch(I'm a licensed tech) and the holes were there to line it up, but they certainly did not have any threads to put the bolts into. Being a shop and having the equipment, I figured ... Meh wth, I already got the brace here. So I welded it on. Atleast now I can send back the expensive bolts and get some money back! Haha so for you DIYers out there feeling down about not finding the holes that are "definitely there on every civic" don't worry about it! Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR subframe brace 20200707_124117

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR subframe brace 20200707_124132

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Mine wasn't threaded but I was able to torque it to spec like it was threaded. 0 issues whatsoever. Took it for a quick drive then re-checked torque, and it was fine. Took me a long air headed minute to figure out the orientation though. ?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I was sure that if the hatchbacks had them (built in UK) and the Si's had them (built in Canada) then every Civic must have them. I was wrong.

I am confused, though, because the Si's definitely have a different front subframe than the hatchbacks and Type R. Why are the threaded holes even there? Did they plan to install the brace for the Si but it was cut out by the bean counters?

Congrats for mounting it anyway.

OP
OP
Josehern10

Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I was sure that if the hatchbacks had them (built in UK) and the Si's had them (built in Canada) then every Civic must have them. I was wrong.

I am confused, though, because the Si's definitely have a different front subframe than the hatchbacks and Type R. Why are the threaded holes even there? Did they plan to install the brace for the Si but it was cut out by the bean counters?

Who knows lol. Atleast the holes are there so we can line them up and weld. Haha ?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Mine wasn't threaded but I was able to torque it to spec like it was threaded. 0 issues whatsoever. Took it for a quick drive then re-checked torque, and it was fine. Took me a long air headed minute to figure out the orientation though. ?
Did yours look the same as the photos above? Seems like a lot of people have been able to bolt this piece on without issue

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did yours look the same as the photos above? Seems like a lot of people have been able to bolt this piece on without issue
Yeah pretty much, albeit cleaner as my car is only a month and a half old. It was just two standalone holes in the chassis. Really makes me wonder why they didnt include this $15 part on all other trims.

OP
OP
Josehern10

Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Yeah pretty much, albeit cleaner as my car is only a month and a half old. It was just two standalone holes in the chassis. Really makes me wonder why they didnt include this $15 part on all other trims.
Haha I know it looks pretty dirty, but it's a '16 and oil sprayed yearly.. I can wipe that dirt away with my finger and have clean metal. ? Which is all I had to do to provide a welding surface

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hey everyone. Can't seem to find it anymore but I was reading a thread the other day talking about the CTR subframe brace, a few guys said they couldn't find the threaded holes.. and got bashed on lol lead me to feel confident they were there for sure. So I ordered one, got it up on the hoist today on my lunch(I'm a licensed tech) and the holes were there to line it up, but they certainly did not have any threads to put the bolts into. Being a shop and having the equipment, I figured ... Meh wth, I already got the brace here. So I welded it on. Atleast now I can send back the expensive bolts and get some money back! Haha so for you DIYers out there feeling down about not finding the holes that are "definitely there on every civic" don't worry about it! Lol

20200707_124117.jpg

20200707_124132.jpg
I am in the same boat and will be installing M12 rivnuts to fit the brace. I hope it will be worth the trouble! ?