amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
A few months ago someone parked next to me damaged my bumper cover on the passenger side, somehow they tore the plastic in two places. Normally I don't care about cosmetic stuff but now part of the cover is starting to come loose. I finally decided to replace it, and I bought a Type R style bumper cover that the seller says fits the Si perfectly. It's made by a company called Konzept Automobiltechnik, and the seller says that it is made of high quality Polypropylene and is the same quality as OEM. He gave me a money back guarantee if it does not fit properly and if the quality is not up to par.

I have a friend who owns a body shop, today they are going to test fit it, and if it fits perfectly they are going to paint it and install it. I will post pics of it post install. Below are some pics of the kit and a pic of the bumper cover installed on one his customers Si. BTW, these have open style vents

****UPDATE****

The body shop just called me after doing a test fitting. This bumper cover has very large gaps in it between the cover and the body, you can stick your fingers in them. They tried to see if they could adjust it but could not. That really sucks because it is a very nice looking bumper cover. I am returning it.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover FenderCover.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So unfortunately the body shop would have to modify the bumper cover to get it to fit, they would have to charge me at least an hour of labor and they would not be able to warranty their work. As you can see from the photos, there is just to many gaps and I really don't feel that I should have to modify a product that is supposably designed for my car. This is one of the big issues with going to the aftermarket. They will be ordering me an OEM bumper cover. That really sucks because other than the gaps, this is a really beautiful looking cover...

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover Photo 26

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover Photo 27

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover Photo 31

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That almost just looks like the issue the stock bumper has with the clips not holding it in. I tore mine off a few times and the clips wore down, so the edges in the same exact position did not clip and stuck out almost as much so I had to fix it.
Unfortunately this is not a clip issue, but a fitment issue. They tried everything to get it to fit. When they got one side in, another side came out. The seller told me "a good body shop should be able to modify it to fit". Duh. That means he knew there was a fitment issue. I paid $400, which is twice what an OEM costs, for that amount of money it should fit right out the box

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if it'll do much if you purchased from Ebay, but you can report the seller for selling an item they knowingly sold, knowing that it does not fit the specified models they posted.
I did buy it from Ebay, and this is actually a big issue buying aftermarket parts from Ebay and Amazon, you get a lot of Chinese made junk. The good news is that he is taking it back and refunding my money, and he was very responsive. So when I give feedback, I will mention the fitment issue, but still give him positive feedback for his responsiveness and taking the item back with no strings

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The shop painted and installed the OEM bumper, and now everything looks new. A lesson in buying after market parts...

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover IMG_20190816_164656

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Style Bumper Cover MVIMG_20190816_164645

Reactions: JD9

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
OEM is OEM... looks better Imho

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

JD9

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The shop painted and installed the OEM bumper, and now everything looks new. A lesson in buying after market parts...

IMG_20190816_164656.jpg

MVIMG_20190816_164645.jpg
I am going through the exact same process as you right now, and this thread has really helped. I was looking into buying the konzept automobiltechnik bumper but was a little worried about fitment and you answered that question! Did you get your OEM bumper from the dealer? And how much did you pay for the OEM bumper?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am going through the exact same process as you right now, and this thread has really helped. I was looking into buying the konzept automobiltechnik bumper but was a little worried about fitment and you answered that question! Did you get your OEM bumper from the dealer? And how much did you pay for the OEM bumper?
Yes, the body shop ordered the bumper cover from the dealership, I think it was $250. This shop is owned by a friend of mine so I paid actual price. They could have modified the aftermarket bumper cover to make it fit, but that defeats the whole purpose, and it can't be returned once it's modified, and the shop won't warranty it either since it's modified. I sold the car back in September

Reactions: JD9

JD9

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, the body shop ordered the bumper cover from the dealership, I think it was $250. This shop is owned by a friend of mine so I paid actual price. They could have modified the aftermarket bumper cover to make it fit, but that defeats the whole purpose, and it can't be returned once it's modified, and the shop won't warranty it either since it's modified. I sold the car back in September
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored