Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
The seat height is adjustable. There is a lever on the side that you "pump" up or down to raise/lower the seat.
I do agree that the seat back is made for people of a certain height. I'm 6' 4" and the belt pass-throughs are at the bottom of my shoulder blades.

Stay tuned. I have a passenger seat out of a 10th gen hatch that I plan to swap in the spring.
Is the seat for your wife?
Sponsored

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
I'm looking at the CTR pretty closely, but I sat in one at a dealership this week and I don't think I can deal with the seats. They're comfortable, but the bolsters just don't allow enough leg movement for me to be comfortable.

Has anyone seriously looked into replacing them? I'm hoping there are some reasonable options. I'd really like to keep functional side impact airbags, but I haven't seen a lot of options that look promising.

Here are my questions:
1. Does anyone know if the SI or other lower trim civic seats will fit?
2. Is there any chance that lower trim civic seats will have side impact airbags that will work plug and play?
3. Are there any aftermarket seats that come with side impact airbags?
I will trade you 2 new Si seats for the CTR seats plus cash!

Michelide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 rsx type s
The seat height is adjustable. There is a lever on the side that you "pump" up or down to raise/lower the seat.
I do agree that the seat back is made for people of a certain height. I'm 6' 4" and the belt pass-throughs are at the bottom of my shoulder blades.

Thanks I'll have to go back to take a look at what kind of ride height I can get!

Stay tuned. I have a passenger seat out of a 10th gen hatch that I plan to swap in the spring.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am also thinking of switching my 2019 Civic Type R seats to 2019 Civic EX-L Hatch Touring seats myself. In regards to the CTR’s oversized rims and ties, over bolstered seats, and fake rear vents, I feel Honda went a bit too far with the racing mentality. To me a Hot Hatch is supposed to be more balanced mix of performance and practicality. They didn’t include any of this stuff when designing the S2000 for example. Didn’t have to. So I think it’s worth it to tone down the seats to a normal EX-L level. Honda messes up the SI seats in my eyes so the CTR seats are much better, but I’d still much rather have the Civic Hatch Touring seats. Getting in and out will be so much easier!! I’d rewrap them in premium leather too. Sure you might slide around a bit more but I’d definitely take that trade off. It’s like upgrading a stereo or getting a real carbon fiber kit, it never makes any money sense to upgrade your car, but if you keep it for the long haul you might as well make it yours and be happy.

In fact, if any Civic Hatch Touring Leather seat owners want to swap, here is your chance for real Type R seats.

Last edited:

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
I’ll buy your seats an you can go buy ones you want an pockets some money

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok well, I may do that, sell and buy, or I may just keep the original seats and buy the hatch leather seats in addition. I don’t want to make an expensive mistake.

Edit: OK yea I’d rather keep the R seats for prosperity and buy a secondary set.

It so tempting to just upgrade everything on cars like this. I wish cars were more modular actually, I’d love to add Honda Sensing for example. If they put that in a Hatch you know they can put it in a Type R. And it works with sticks on the Accord.

Last edited:

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
At some point, you will be selling the R. You will have a very difficult time finding a buyer and explaining the seat situation to him or her. I would keep you seats to reinstall once you decide to sell.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Yeah.
We like to go for all day drives and she just doesn't find the Type R seats comfortable. Hoping it will make the drives more enjoyable for her.
My wife dosen't like the bolsters, so I bought this seat cushion at Walmart. She says she fits in the seat much better now. I think it is because the coushion lifts her up kind of even with the bolsters. It is a cheap fix....

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR seat replacement options? Seat Coushion Type-R

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
hey all fk8 owners... check my profile pic. i am looking for fk8 seats - i can swap you custom leather seats professionally done in katzkins matching rallye red to a T. I am interested in solving your problem. I am 5 '8 165 lbs so i am okay with the fk8 seat design. Let me know if anyone wants to discuss..

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea keeping the seats for a revert option is the best option. I can wait and then I’ll have both options. Tho I did pass out in my CTR seats one night and woke up in a few hours with a numb left hand. I think it was a nerve on the thigh bolster area that was compressed over time. It was like some ninja did a pressure point attack on me and the effect lasted all day. No joke. These seats aren’t made for napping.

lespinel

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag

lespinel

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag

Did you swap the seat? I am looking to purchase a Civic Si and would like to swap the front seats with those from a hatchback.

Last edited:

lespinel

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Yea keeping the seats for a revert option is the best option. I can wait and then I’ll have both options. Tho I did pass out in my CTR seats one night and woke up in a few hours with a numb left hand. I think it was a nerve on the thigh bolster area that was compressed over time. It was like some ninja did a pressure point attack on me and the effect lasted all day. No joke. These seats aren’t made for napping.
Did you swap the seats?

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Did you swap the seat? I am looking to urchade a Civic Si and would like to swap the front seats with those from a hatchback.
I haven't yet. Still waiting for a weekend where I have time to do this.
Sponsored